Welcome to the #1 KIA Telluride Forum and KIA Telluride community dedicated to KIA Telluride owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Telluride Forum today!

Universal USB Charging Cables

I bought the below cables for use by passengers. They are combo lightning, micro USB and USB-C. One in each front seat back pocket and one in the way back cup holders. Note these are charging only and not for data. Just be sure you test each one. I had one of them with intermittent lightning connection. I messaged the seller and they sent me a new complete set for free. I don’t have any USB-C devices so hopefully they will work. Looking forward to my passengers’ reactions! 🤗

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B...tle_o07_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1&tag=salsbloofnot-20

That's a really clever design. What's the difference between charging and data wires?

OP
Tim-in-CA
Thread Starter #3
Data needs more pins/wires in the cable and for lighting an authentication chip from apple and certification

Thanks for that, I need to start paying more attention to the cables I buy. Thought they were all the same.

Just placed an order for one, thanks!

OP
Tim-in-CA
Thread Starter #8
Agree, right angle would be better, but for one side, won't the cable be facing upwards? Plus for me, I wanted one cable that could handle any phone (Apple, Google, others)