Welcome to the #1 KIA Telluride Forum and KIA Telluride community dedicated to KIA Telluride owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Telluride Forum today!

USB Flash Drive for Music

TexasDean

I plan to rip a bunch of my CDs and put them on a flash drive to play them in my Telluride EX. I'd appreciate recommendations for the type of flash drive I should get, USB 2.0, 3.0 or 3.1? Is there a capacity limit for flash drives for use in my Telluride, e.g. 128gb, 512gb or 1TB? Also, when ripping a CD, what format should I use; MP3, WAV or other? I tried MP3 with a quality setting of 320 kbps and it seemed to work fine even though my Telluride owners manual says "Sound quality is not guaranteed in case of music files that use the bit-rate exceeding 192 kbps". Has anyone had a problem using 320 kbps?

OP
T

TexasDean

Thread Starter #4
Thanks for the info. Gabi, I like the small USB drive that your mentioned. I'll probably get one.
I found an app that will very quickly and easily rip my CDs (I chose MP3) @ 192kps. It includes the album title, artist, and song titles, all of which show up on the screen in my Telluride and makes searching for a particular album, artist or song easy. I was surprised how little data is generated. A 64gb card will hold hundreds of CDs. The Tellurides USB music player works great and using just one tiny USB drive not only makes finding and playing my CDs so much easier, but I don't have to lug around a big box full of CDs. .

Kraaazzy

Thanks for the info. Gabi, I like the small USB drive that your mentioned. I'll probably get one.
I found an app that will very quickly and easily rip my CDs (I chose MP3) @ 192kps. It includes the album title, artist, and song titles, all of which show up on the screen in my Telluride and makes searching for a particular album, artist or song easy. I was surprised how little data is generated. A 64gb card will hold hundreds of CDs. The Tellurides USB music player works great and using just one tiny USB drive not only makes finding and playing my CDs so much easier, but I don't have to lug around a big box full of CDs. .
Hi Dean,

Do you remember what the app you used was and is it free?