Welcome to the #1 KIA Telluride Forum and KIA Telluride community dedicated to KIA Telluride owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Telluride Forum today!

Korea's 1-2 punch in the battle of the big crossovers

https://www.autonews.com/retail/koreas-1-2-punch-battle-big-crossovers

"Customer loyalty and brand perception are looser than ever before, so this is probably the best time for the Korean automakers to jump into the ring."The handsome Telluride captured 10,965 sales in its first two months of availability in the U.S. and became the automaker's fastest-turning model in the nation last month, according to Bill Peffer, vice president of sales and operations for Kia Motors America. The Georgia-assembled crossover accounted for more than 10 percent of the brand's sales in April, at 5,570 units.

telluride-sales.jpg

https://www.autonews.com/retail/koreas-1-2-punch-battle-big-crossovers

"Customer loyalty and brand perception are looser than ever before, so this is probably the best time for the Korean automakers to jump into the ring."The handsome Telluride captured 10,965 sales in its first two months of availability in the U.S. and became the automaker's fastest-turning model in the nation last month, according to Bill Peffer, vice president of sales and operations for Kia Motors America. The Georgia-assembled crossover accounted for more than 10 percent of the brand's sales in April, at 5,570 units.

View attachment 787
Am I reading this wrong? How is it fair to compare 2 months of Telluride sales vs 4 months for others? I must be reading the table wrong!

Am I reading this wrong? How is it fair to compare 2 months of Telluride sales vs 4 months for others? I must be reading the table wrong!
I think they are showing that some models like the Explorer, Highlander, Traverse and CX9 are actually selling fewer cars over a 4 month span. So while the segment grew by 11% not all SUVs are selling well.