Welcome to the #1 KIA Telluride Forum and KIA Telluride community dedicated to KIA Telluride owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Telluride Forum today!

Crossbars hunt

Hi, I was wondering if anyone had tried 2019 Sorento crossbars on the Telly? Was wondering if they are the same part number or shape. Thanks!

utmeep

Not Active
Staff Member
Sedona bars work.

OP
J
Thread Starter #4
I was thinking that if they fit then there's a better chance of a cheaper version that would fit the Telly than the KIA ones, until there are some aftermarket ones designated for the Telly. Crossing fingers. UTmeep do we know this for certain? Personal experience? 2019 Sedona? Just curious if I missed a post somewhere. Thanks again!!!!

utmeep

Not Active
Staff Member
I was thinking that if they fit then there's a better chance of a cheaper version that would fit the Telly than the KIA ones, until there are some aftermarket ones designated for the Telly. Crossing fingers. UTmeep do we know this for certain? Personal experience? 2019 Sedona? Just curious if I missed a post somewhere. Thanks again!!!!
The Canadians are using 2016-2018 sedona bars since the telluride were out of stock for them.

utmeep

Not Active
Staff Member
I have been in communication with Front Runner Outfitters as they are local to me. I will be scheduling a test fit sometime this month for their new mounting feet. Hopefully while I am there they can check out if anything like the below is possible;
https://www.frontrunneroutfitters.c...o-2016-current-slimline-ii-roof-rail-kit.html

From the outside it doesn't look like our rails are easily removable.
So they have to remove the OEM rails for the Front Runner kit?

utmeep

Not Active
Staff Member
I have been in communication with Front Runner Outfitters as they are local to me. I will be scheduling a test fit sometime this month for their new mounting feet. Hopefully while I am there they can check out if anything like the below is possible;
https://www.frontrunneroutfitters.c...o-2016-current-slimline-ii-roof-rail-kit.html

From the outside it doesn't look like our rails are easily removable.
Unfortunately front runner outfitters is extremely unresponsive, or at least not proactively interested in the telluride platform.

utmeep

Not Active
Staff Member
I was finally able to schedule a date and time with Front Runner Outfitters. July 11th 2019 at 9 am PDT. Hopefully they will be able to mock something up quick since they already have something for the Sedona.

utmeep

Not Active
Staff Member
Went to Front Runner Outfitters today and had the Telluride looked at.

Factory rails are held on by 3 bolts per rail. 1 in the front, middle, and rear.

They collected measurements and identified mounting feet that will work with the factory rails. They said it should be a few weeks before it will be available to purchase.

I'll also be working with them on a non-factory rail setup using the 3 mounting holes for those LX owners or those who want a stronger rack.

Factory rails are held on by 3 bolts per rail. 1 in the front, middle, and rear.

They collected measurements and identified mounting feet that will work with the factory rails. They said it should be a few weeks before it will be available to purchase.

I'll also be working with them on a non-factory rail setup using the 3 mounting holes for those LX owners or those who want a stronger rack.
You're the man utmeep.

Are they taller than the OEM ones?

They better give you a big discount or one for free :giggle:

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
M Exterior Cosmetic & Lighting Modifications 0
C For Sale 2