Welcome to the #1 KIA Telluride Forum and KIA Telluride community dedicated to KIA Telluride owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Telluride Forum today!

DIY taillight LED conversion

Hey guys,
So as some of you know I've been tiptoeing around this subject for a while now,just haven't had a chance to do it....
Tonight was finally the night!

I'll try my best to explain step by step along with pics.

Diffuculty level for the tail lights is a 2 stars out of 5. Super easy!

What you'll need:
-philips screw driver
-flat head screw driver
-6 x p21/5W 12v LED
-2 x 5w5 LED

1) open tail gate.
2) using the flat head pry open the light manifold. ( you will notice notches where a flat head can access). And set aside in a safe place.
3) locate 3 mounting screws and remove them. And don't lose them!
4) gently pull out light assembly.
5) the whole light will be attached to a power harness. Just click the tab and unplug.
6) easy part locate the 3 large p21/5w bulbs and replace with the LED ones.
(To unlock from taillight twist counter clockwise to reveal the stock halogen bulb)
7)To remove twist and pull. Make sure to replace in same way. Then replace the 5w5 LED.
8) once all bulbs have been replace reconnect the power harness. At this point I would play with the lock and unlock button on your key fog to test that the bulbs are all lit and properly placed... if not just adjust them...
9) reverse the steps to put it back together again, and move on the the other tail light using the same steps.

That's all folks. Now to the pictures!!!
P.S the reverse light install is a bit more tricky. I'd say 3.5 stars out 5 only because it's a bit sketchy...

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk

Great guide, thanks
Hey guys,
So as some of you know I've been tiptoeing around this subject for a while now,just haven't had a chance to do it....
Tonight was finally the night!

I'll try my best to explain step by step along with pics.

Diffuculty level for the tail lights is a 2 stars out of 5. Super easy!

What you'll need:
-philips screw driver
-flat head screw driver
-6 x p21/5W 12v LED
-2 x 5w5 LED

1) open tail gate.
2) using the flat head pry open the light manifold. ( you will notice notches where a flat head can access). And set aside in a safe place.
3) locate 3 mounting screws and remove them. And don't lose them!
4) gently pull out light assembly.
5) the whole light will be attached to a power harness. Just click the tab and unplug.
6) easy part locate the 3 large p21/5w bulbs and replace with the LED ones.
(To unlock from taillight twist counter clockwise to reveal the stock halogen bulb)
7)To remove twist and pull. Make sure to replace in same way. Then replace the 5w5 LED.
8) once all bulbs have been replace reconnect the power harness. At this point I would play with the lock and unlock button on your key fog to test that the bulbs are all lit and properly placed... if not just adjust them...
9) reverse the steps to put it back together again, and move on the the other tail light using the same steps.

That's all folks. Now to the pictures!!!
P.S the reverse light install is a bit more tricky. I'd say 3.5 stars out 5 only because it's a bit sketchy...

OP
italsal
Thread Starter #3
Here's the reverse light images instal

Jerrick

May be a stupid question but are there 8 total bulsb per each assembly or 4 in each? Also, is there a specific bulb you purchased on Amazon?

jangbal

Hi
Which trim is yours?
I think it's S or LX. but you have power tail gate option on it.
how could you get it on?