Welcome to the #1 KIA Telluride Forum and KIA Telluride community dedicated to KIA Telluride owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Telluride Forum today!

Falken Wildpeak AT Trail

Hey all…..

I picked up my 2022 Telluride on Thursday and on Friday I swapped the tires. Finding myself in the mountains of the PNW often, I wanted something with a good bit more bad weather traction than a standard all-season can provide.

While the stock Michelin tires are outstanding for most folks, I enjoyed the Falken Wildpeak on my Subaru Outback, so I decided to go that way for the Telluride. They make both a more off-road oriented AT3W version and this AT Trail, the latter being specifically designed for this type of crossover SUV.

Stock size, same load and speed ratings. A more aggressive tread design, but still quite comfortable for me. I especially like that they carry the “three peak mountain snowflake” (3PMSF) designation, which indicates they are more capable in snow due to tread compound and design.

I see the stock tires as high quality sneakers, whereas the Falken Wildpeak is more a comfortable hiking boot. More suited to my needs.

Photos before:

Photos after:

Kankin

Great tires! Love those on my truck, comfortable, quiet and like the aggressive look! We'll get them on our EX in 18's though with a 2" lift. Although debating going to 17" on either Black Rhinos, Method or BBS..

Pdespop

Great tires! Love those on my truck, comfortable, quiet and like the aggressive look! We'll get them on our EX in 18's though with a 2" lift. Although debating going to 17" on either Black Rhinos, Method or BBS..
I don't think the brakes will accept a 17" wheel unless something has changed since '20.

Kankin

Went with the Falkens Wildpeaks 245/65/18's. Seems lifted because it hadn't rolled yet. Still looking around for wheels. Tires are quiet just like they were on my truck.

Attachments