Welcome to the #1 KIA Telluride Forum and KIA Telluride community dedicated to KIA Telluride owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Telluride Forum today!

Gauges/HUD shutting down

Benisqfu

Hi All,

New owner and member. First off, happy to be here. This community was a wealth of knowledge when researching our new vehicle and I'm glad to be a memvber. Ended up with Dark Moss SXP and love it. EXCEPT, 2 1/2 weeks into ownership, I am having an issue with the gauges and HUD. Every so often the gauges (speeo/tach/fuel/etc) peg and bounce at 0 and the HUD goes blank until the vehicle is shut off and started again. I'm trying to schedule service but schedules are making it tough right now. Has anyone heard of this issue? I've looked around but haven't seen anything anywhere yet.

ERNYSAN

Staff Member
Hi All,

New owner and member. First off, happy to be here. This community was a wealth of knowledge when researching our new vehicle and I'm glad to be a memvber. Ended up with Dark Moss SXP and love it. EXCEPT, 2 1/2 weeks into ownership, I am having an issue with the gauges and HUD. Every so often the gauges (speeo/tach/fuel/etc) peg and bounce at 0 and the HUD goes blank until the vehicle is shut off and started again. I'm trying to schedule service but schedules are making it tough right now. Has anyone heard of this issue? I've looked around but haven't seen anything anywhere yet.
Def have to be serviced under warranty and ASAP I guess please let us know what's the issue and how they will fix it

Good Luck

Siege

Hi All,

Any updates?

Siege

Hi All,

This has happened with my SXP intermittently for the past couple of weeks. Took it into the shop today and haven’t gotten any updates yet. Wondering if you have any follow up with your Telluride that might help me know what to expect. Thanks.

OP
B

Benisqfu

Thread Starter #5
Yes, we finally got it back a couple days ago. After 2 visits, 9 total days out of commission, opening an "engineering case" and getting some lead engineer involved, they determined it was a bad connection in the harness behind the cluster. They removed the instrument panel and were able to recreate the issue by playing with the connector so they repinned it and put it back together and were no longer able to make the gauges go out. We haven't had any issues with it since we got it back.

I had my service done at Kearny Mesa Kia in San Diego. Maybe your service advisor can reach out to them for guidance. Terry was my SA there.

FYI, before the issue was fixed, I did confirm that when the gauges went out, the car thinks it's not moving so if you have the cruise control on, the car will keep accelerating indefinitely trying to get up to speed so be careful with that.

OP
B

Benisqfu

Thread Starter #6
Update: The issue is back after about a week of no issues. I'll update after I can get it in for service again.

OP
B

Benisqfu

Thread Starter #7
Update: I just spoke with my service advisor and Kia has authorized the replacement of the instrument cluster. He said hopefully it'll take about a week to get here then I'll drop off the Telly. At least we were able to do this over text/phone without me having to find a time to take the car in and get a rental from them then waiting for the part to arrive.

Siege

Update: I just spoke with my service advisor and Kia has authorized the replacement of the instrument cluster. He said hopefully it'll take about a week to get here then I'll drop off the Telly. At least we were able to do this over text/phone without me having to find a time to take the car in and get a rental from them then waiting for the part to arrive.
I have been without my Telluride since 1-20-20. They finally have received a “gauge cluster” but need to ship the new one and the one from my vehicle to California for testing. That could take 4-5 business days plus shipping time. New estimate is 3-4 weeks until I get my ride back. They are claiming that mine is the “only known issue with any Telluride”. Worst part is I was given a Nissan Sentra as a loaner. Currently trying to get an upgrade from Kia.

Siege

I have been without my Telluride since 1-20-20. They finally have received a “gauge cluster” but need to ship the new one and the one from my vehicle to California for testing. That could take 4-5 business days plus shipping time. New estimate is 3-4 weeks until I get my ride back. They are claiming that mine is the “only known issue with any Telluride”. Worst part is I was given a Nissan Sentra as a loaner. Currently trying to get an upgrade from Kia.
Got my SXP back on Monday. Kia swapped out the instrument cluster. Seems fine so far. Will update if the issue returns. Took a month to diagnose and fix. Service department told me that if I didn’t have video of the gauges not working they wouldn’t have been able to get the issue pushed through. TIP: If this happens to you, make sure you get some video and email it to your service department. The issue is intermittent and they couldn’t seem to duplicate the issue on test drives.