Welcome to the #1 KIA Telluride Forum and KIA Telluride community dedicated to KIA Telluride owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Telluride Forum today!

Google assistant

Anyone know how to get Google assistant to respond when you press the voice activation button on the steering wheel? Works fine in the Stinger, but starts UVO voice assistant in the Telly.

OP
T
Thread Starter #3
I don't do the voice activation (always listening for hey Google). I just use the button to activate in my other Kia's but the Telly doesn't seem to work the same.

Typically, I press the button on the steering wheel and say, play such and such song. Then it'll respond, now asking spotify to play such and such. All this without saying hey Google or anything else while Android Auto is running.

From the Manual: Go to the Device Connection Settings and enable Android Auto, then you can press and hold the talk button to activate Google Voice recognition. You'll need to connect the phone to the USB port for it to work.