Welcome to the #1 KIA Telluride Forum and KIA Telluride community dedicated to KIA Telluride owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Telluride Forum today!

Plastic covers on the bottom ?

becquerel

I got my telluride few days ago, so far love the car, but I wanted to check something. I noticed that on the bottom, both sides, there are some rather flimsy looking plastic pieces. One of them was loose and making sounds at higher speeds.

I was wondering - is this something you have on yours as well ? Or is it something that dealer was supposed to remove ? Some of the screws with plastic caps almost look like they should not be permanent, so I'm not really sure ...

Attachments

I have no idea. I have not looked under my Telluride. However, why not just ask your dealer?

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk

I'd ask the dealer but it seems to me anything under the vehicle that's meant to be there should be held with metal, not plastic. Let us know what they say!

OP
becquerel

becquerel

Thread Starter #4
anything under the vehicle that's meant to be there should be held with metal, not plastic
my point exactly ...

I sent them an email with photos couple days ago, so far no response. I cannot just drive there, I live in SoCal, but I was not able to get the car I wanted here (and the ones that would be close enough were with $5-$8k markup), so I bought it in SLC in the end. Bit of a stretch for me, but I had vacation planned there already, so that part worked out

I may stop at one of the local dealerships, but haven't got a chance to do it yet

my point exactly ...

I sent them an email with photos couple days ago, so far no response. I cannot just drive there, I live in SoCal, but I was not able to get the car I wanted here (and the ones that would be close enough were with $5-$8k markup), so I bought it in SLC in the end. Bit of a stretch for me, but I had vacation planned there already, so that part worked out

I may stop at one of the local dealerships, but haven't got a chance to do it yet
I think that's the move - drop by a local dealer and get the service tech to take a quick peek underneath. They'll know right away if that is something that should have been removed pre-delivery.

Willys

You will find that they should be there to clean up the airflow under the vehicle or to prevent snow build up while driving.
So don’t worry before you get it checked as long as they are tight and don’t blow off.
Maybe everyone should take a quick peak and make sure all there under panels are tight.