Welcome to the #1 KIA Telluride Forum and KIA Telluride community dedicated to KIA Telluride owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Telluride Forum today!

reliability

DAW

An article in Motor Biscuit about the, "5 Worst Parts of Owning a Kia Telluride After 1-Year" lists these issues:
1. Fuel consumption

2. The transmission

3. The Interior

4. Chipped Windshield

5. Electrical systems

OP
D

DAW

Thread Starter #4
We are scheduled to p/u our SX-P Telluride ~APR 1. Some have complained about gas consumption, but it's a big car/engine and the mileage is about what we get on our current Highlander Limited. I have not read ANY complaints about transmissions on this forum. I only hear "wow" opinions about the interior on this forum, so I was surprised at that comment. However, chipped windshields and electrical issues ARE of some concern because of the frequency they show up on the forum.

scottw324

I have a '22 SXP AWD and have nothing but good things to say about it. I love it! I'm coming from a V6 base FWD Ford Explorer so the Telly is a major step up for me.

About the only thing I think I can complain about is the mpg is a little lower than I would like but I would say it is on par with my FWD Explorer minus the 2 mpg for the AWD (about 16-17 around town; Ford got about 18-19 around town). I did get about 22 mpg on the highway for about a 2.5 - 3 hr drive not long ago. I will see what it gives me on a 10+ hr drive to Myrtle Beach in August.

The other thing would be the wireless charger pad. It seems to cause my iPhone 13 to overheat. So I just use a wireless charge vent mount and a wireless CarPlay adapter.

These cars sell pretty much faster than they can make them, which means overall, owners must be happy with them. Hell, I see plenty of people upgrading from 2020 and 2021 models to 2023s.

Will there be some with issues, sure. Will there be some owners that will be unhappy, sure. You will never make everyone 100% happy, and past experiences and personal biases will cause skewed opinions. It is the nature of being human.