Welcome to the #1 KIA Telluride Forum and KIA Telluride community dedicated to KIA Telluride owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Telluride Forum today!

Shady Suntrip St Louis

MSRP was 47ish. Now 54ish. Charging 495 inspection fee that Kia pays them $100 to do.
View attachment 2339 View attachment 2340 View attachment 2341
The dealer is only being a smart businessman. He is maximizing his profit. So as a consumer you have a choice to either allow him to make a big profit or find another dealer that's more reasonable in price. I personally refuse to pay these ridiculous markups.

I'm always amazed at people that tell me they go back to the same sales person year after year and think they're getting a good deal because they have a relationship. Obviously they want to believe they're getting a good deal, but in reality the salesman knows he has a repeat customer at whatever price he wants. If you had a real relationship, you have him over for dinner and he would invite you to his house for dinner and he would help you move.

And as long as they have people willing to pay , they will continue the high markups.

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk

Titanrx8

The dealer is only being a smart businessman. He is maximizing his profit. So as a consumer you have a choice to either allow him to make a big profit or find another dealer that's more reasonable in price. I personally refuse to pay these ridiculous markups.

I'm always amazed at people that tell me they go back to the same sales person year after year and think they're getting a good deal because they have a relationship. Obviously they want to believe they're getting a good deal, but in reality the salesman knows he has a repeat customer at whatever price he wants. If you had a real relationship, you have him over for dinner and he would invite you to his house for dinner and he would help you move.

And as long as they have people willing to pay , they will continue the high markups.

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk
I don't have an issue with dealers selling for over list price. I have an issue PAYING over list price and won't do it. The Mazda and Subaru dealers are salivating to sell me one of their $45k+ crossovers and unless Kia and Hyundai make a deal, I'll drive one of the others. There's a reason my last 4 cars were Mazdas and not Toyota or Honda.