Welcome to the #1 KIA Telluride Forum and KIA Telluride community dedicated to KIA Telluride owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Telluride Forum today!

Tesla Cybertruck

What does everyone think of the new Tesla Cybertruck?
  • Stainless steel exoskeleton body
  • Gorilla Glass-Type windows (they broke during the test)
  • Air suspension standard (also acts on-board air compressor)
  • 6.5’ bed length
  • 3,500 lbs payload
  • Up to 14,000 lbs towing
  • Up to 0-60 mph 2.9 seconds
  • 35° approach angle
  • Up to 500+ mile range
  • 110v/220v outlets
  • Autopilot standard
  • Starts $39,900
  • $69,900 for top spec
maxresdefault.jpg
Tesla Cybertruck2.jpg
Tesla Cybertruck2.png
Tesla Cybertruck3.jpg
Tesla Cybertruck1.jpg
Tesla Cybertruck4.jpg

Does not look too bad. The problem is going to bring that they say it is to market. Even at the typical Tesla turnaround, you are looking at a 3 year production to delivery time. I can see 5-10 years before we get anything near what they promised.

But heck, when they do deliver what they promised, I would buy one.

From what I've read production on certain configurations won't even start until 2022.

Most definitely polarizing and lots will have to change for safety/regulatory reasons by the time it goes into production. This will be perfect for the Zombie Apocalypse! I may consider the Mach-E when the warranty is up on my Tesla.

Most definitely polarizing and lots will have to change for safety/regulatory reasons by the time it goes into production. This will be perfect for the Zombie Apocalypse! I may consider the Mach-E when the warranty is up on my Tesla.
I cancelled my telluride order in anticipation...

For some reason this came to mind:

https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&source=images&cd=&ved=2ahUKEwiB_Ne-ioPmAhVkS98KHaReAtwQjRx6BAgBEAQ&url=https://www.wk1963.at/blog?first=221182027&psig=AOvVaw31C8XqBuhjeh600l_kW1nm&ust=1574692675279980

A couple of thoughts:

The rear headroom and maybe the legroom looks to be a problem if anybody but small children need to sit back there. The truck bed is pretty small, not something for any serious hauling. It's a pickup coupe that happens to have 4 doors and a big trunk, loaded with oxymorons. Rear visibility looks to be next to nil. Camera display in the rear view mirror?

This prototype is pretty raw. As shown in the following picture they couldn't even fake a self-leveling suspension. Look at those gaps between the tops of the tires and the wheel wells. Is there a "wheelie mode"? With no counterbalancing motor in the front, and if you would actually carry a heavy load in the back, I'd test drive this thing with that weight in the back before buying. They'll have to put in a kind of self-leveling suspension that nobody has attempted before. If they just jack the rear and raise the center of gravity you may well end up with some strange handling characteristics.
1574607083853.png