Welcome to the #1 KIA Telluride Forum and KIA Telluride community dedicated to KIA Telluride owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Telluride Forum today!

Test Drive

jm0311

Drove the SX-P today. Not sure I was all that impressed when in sport mode. Felt sluggish.

Drove the SX-P today. Not sure I was all that impressed when in sport mode. Felt sluggish.
Sluggish from a top or passing speeds on the highway?

OP
J

jm0311

Thread Starter #3
Sluggish from a top or passing speeds on the highway?
I did not take it on the highway. I should have clarified. This was just cruising the streets and from the stop position

The Telluride isn't going to win any street races, but it's not lacking in power either. If speed is your thing take a look at the Explorer ST. My buddy just bought one and that thing is fast.

OP
J

jm0311

Thread Starter #6
The Telluride isn't going to win any street races, but it's not lacking in power either. If speed is your thing take a look at the Explorer ST. My buddy just bought one and that thing is fast.
I was looking at the Explorer ST and I’m up in the air as well. These two are my choices so far. I crossed an X5 off my list because I can’t justify spending $60 for the 5 seater, which will be expensive once the warranty ends.
I haven’t drove the ST yet, but they did fail to get an IHHS safety award. Having a small kid, that put a bad taste in my mouth. https://www.carsdirect.com/automotive-news/2020-ford-explorer-fails-to-earn-iihs-safety-award

the Kia T has way too many bells and whistles vs the Ex. ST as well.
Grrrrrrrrrr the choices :(