Welcome to the #1 KIA Telluride Forum and KIA Telluride community dedicated to KIA Telluride owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Telluride Forum today!

2020 Hyundai Palisade vs. 2020 Kia Telluride: Korean Cousins Square Off

The last sentence is all that matters lol. Great article though.

Describing The Vibe
At this point we've laid out how damningly similar these vehicles are—how to decide a winner? Picking by measurable metrics would be pointless. It's going to come down to those car geek sensibilities we all have to some degree.
First, we concede to the better styling of the Telluride—it's crisper, cleaner, and will remain a looker years down the line. The Palisade's exterior aesthetics are questionable today, which doesn't bode well for its long-term outlook.
Then there's the way each makes you feel. With its slightly higher seating position, the Palisade's ambiance is authoritative in traffic. But glancing around the interior, and seeing the pudgy body in the rearview mirrors, it comes across as something of a lifted minivan—in other words, not particularly cool.

Conversely, the Telluride's lower driver's seat makes it seem closer to the road. Sight lines are still elevated, but it feels more like a high-roofed wagon than a traditional SUV. Plus, that buff body and suave interior remain enjoyable on every drive. The Telluride is simply the cooler of the two, and the one we'd prefer to hit the streets in.

With respect to Hyundai for creating an objectively excellent near-luxury three-row SUV, the Kia Telluride ekes ahead on the subjective, and is the winner of this comparison.

Nice read, I was waiting for a comparison like this. Still can't get over the look of the Palisade and glad the writers are in agreement.

Nice read, I was waiting for a comparison like this. Still can't get over the look of the Palisade and glad the writers are in agreement.
Couldn't agree more. It's too bad really. If they had made it more attractive on the outside, maybe I wouldn't still be waiting for my Telluride ;)