Welcome to the #1 KIA Telluride Forum and KIA Telluride community dedicated to KIA Telluride owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Telluride Forum today!

Altimeter

Does the 2021 Telluride Nav system (SX) have an altimeter display?
It does if you slide over the split screen content on the right and swipe until you get the compass. There is a current elevation reading there.

894919B4-59F6-4E84-A1FB-C217F73D48A9.jpeg

OP
J

jimaloft

Thread Starter #3
Thanks for posting the photo, but I could not get that display. The only compass rose I can get is on the dash display mode. Can't navigate to it on the screen. I am assuming operator error. Was there a menu item you had to select to enable swiping to this screen?

Thanks for posting the photo, but I could not get that display. The only compass rose I can get is on the dash display mode. Can't navigate to it on the screen. I am assuming operator error. Was there a menu item you had to select to enable swiping to this screen?
If you’re viewing the map or an audio source, hit the arrow on the far right of the display to put it into split screen mode. You will then have a separate thing on the right 1/3 of the display and you can swipe up and down through its options. There’s a clock, map, the compass, audio, passenger talk, weather, etc to choose from.

You can also have this show up next to your Android Auto or Apple CarPlay display IF you first go to Setup > device connections and choose AA/CarPlay and make sure “use split screen” is checked. If you use AA, you definitely want this enabled because AA doesn’t take up your full screen anyway. If you use CarPlay, it depends what information is most important for you to have displayed.

That compass display is, I assume, a GPS location -- which will give you the elevation based on GPS satellite tracking. Technically not an actual altimeter as I doubt they have anything measuring atmospheric pressure... which you'd have to adjust every day to the local altimeter pressure to get accurate readings.