Welcome to the #1 KIA Telluride Forum and KIA Telluride community dedicated to KIA Telluride owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Telluride Forum today!

Can you access the third row with the child seats installed in the second row?

Does anyone have any information if the third row can easily be accessible with child seats installed in the second row?

ucinn

Staff Member
Probably not. If you have the captains chairs, then it will be accessible, but wouldn't be easy for me anyway as you would have to go between the seats.

OP
KiaMom
Thread Starter #3
Probably not. If you have the captains chairs, then it will be accessible, but wouldn't be easy for me anyway as you would have to go between the seats.
Thank you.

With the captain seats it would be easy with one car seat. A bench seat kids could crawl over.

OP
KiaMom
Thread Starter #5
With the captain seats it would be easy with one car seat. A bench seat kids could crawl over.
Do you have child seats in yours now? How easy is it to push the seat forward with them installed?

I misunderstood! I have the captains seats in the second row, can walk between the child seats.

loweboy

After installing my two forward facing child seats on the bench seat ( second row ) I noticed the power switch to move those seats forward would attempt to move and then return . Realizing how often this would happen and the damage caused on those motors , I decided to pull the fuses for those seat motors and rely on manual folding . Easy to do , 2 fuses in the panel at the drivers left knee

After installing my two forward facing child seats on the bench seat ( second row ) I noticed the power switch to move those seats forward would attempt to move and then return . Realizing how often this would happen and the damage caused on those motors , I decided to pull the fusses for those seat motors and rely on manual folding . Easy to do , 2 fuses in the panel at the drivers left knee
Great idea!

After installing my two forward facing child seats on the bench seat ( second row ) I noticed the power switch to move those seats forward would attempt to move and then return . Realizing how often this would happen and the damage caused on those motors , I decided to pull the fuses for those seat motors and rely on manual folding . Easy to do , 2 fuses in the panel at the drivers left knee
I’m kind of surprised Kia didn’t think this through enough to put a deactivation switch considering a large majority of owners will have child seats in the second row. Great idea on pulling the fuse.

DKiaGuy

The way that girl accessed the third row would never work for adults lol
...but at least, a child her age was able to slide in. That 3rd row is where we usually keep children of her age anyway. I doubt you can achieve that on the Highlander or Pilot.

Having the captain chairs are so convenient for accessing the third row. I don't think I can ever buy another SUV without it.

I very rarely use the 3rd row and prefer 2nd row bench. More practical for my situation.

If hauling 3 or more kids, I probably would have bought the AWD sienna.