Welcome to the #1 KIA Telluride Forum and KIA Telluride community dedicated to KIA Telluride owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Telluride Forum today!

Cargo Cover Price from Dealer Parts Dept

Jerrick

Does anyone have an idea of the cost for the cargo cover? Three seperate dealers are telling me the exact same price ($230), saying thats the price from Kia, not them. Yet, it's $155 (MSRP) as a port installed item. Kia's brochure has no prices. Its bad enough to mark up the vehicle, but parts?

There are more reasonable options on eBay but you still have to pay shipping

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

Does anyone have an idea of the cost for the cargo cover? Three seperate dealers are telling me the exact same price ($230), saying thats the price from Kia, not them. Yet, it's $155 (MSRP) as a port installed item. Kia's brochure has no prices. Its bad enough to mark up the vehicle, but parts?

Why don't you just get darker tint for that price. I got 5% tint so you can't see anything inside.

OP
J

Jerrick

Thread Starter #4
I would love to tint, but my state and jurisdiction enforce tints to the extreme. Don't want to have to deal with annual removal to get level of tint I want. Its bad enough to pay MSRP, but to mark up parts is a little o_O

Thank you for that. And do you know what the Telluride ships with?
I don't know, but my guess is that the OEM has to follow the worse case VLT for the type of vehicle and location of glass. Your local tint shop should be able to answer all your questions to stay legal.

I’ve never used mine. Would sell it. Message me

OP
J

Jerrick

Thread Starter #10
I ended up buying a used ( but new never used ) on ebay for 160 + 15 dollars shipping as previous owner didnt want it.

natew

Why don't you just get darker tint for that price. I got 5% tint so you can't see anything inside.

I would love to be able to do that w/o paying a fine after getting pulled over but my state (MN, USA) is bs and only allows 50% tint on sides and back. I have the cargo cover but honestly I'm not sure that I'll ever use it.

I would love to be able to do that w/o paying a fine after getting pulled over but my state (MN, USA) is bs and only allows 50% tint on sides and back. I have the cargo cover but honestly I'm not sure that I'll ever use it.
Here is what I found on the internet.

I don't know if the source website below is correct or not, so you'll need to make sure you understand your state law on tinting and how it applies to the KIA Telluride and make sure you are in compliance.

Assuming the KIA Telluride can be classified as a SUV or a VAN,

"Tint darkness for SUV and vans: Windshield: No tint is allowed on the windshield. Front Side windows: Must allow more than 50% of light in. Back Side windows: Any darkness can be used. Rear Window: Any darkness can be used."

Source: https://www.tinting-laws.com/minnesota/
Copyright © Tinting-Laws.com