Welcome to the #1 KIA Telluride Forum and KIA Telluride community dedicated to KIA Telluride owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Telluride Forum today!

Cold weather items

GNR

Just a couple of things I have noticed -

1. Watch for ice build up around the automatic mirrors as it could block and break them as they try to open. My driver's side one got stuck. It didn't break it, but I notice the 2 mirrors travel at different speeds now (not sure if they did before or not).

2. The wipers being located down under the hood looks nice, but it makes it quite hard to clear snow and ice out of there for the sprayers. You also can't leave your wipers up when freezing rain is expected.

The thing is a beast in the snow though. Great SUV.

loweboy

So true about the wiper location . The defrost on high does nothing to the frozen rubber on the blades . Lexus ( and maybe others ) combat this by having a heated defrost strip under the wiper blade home position to melt off ice.

Another thing to watch out for is the flimsy door handles when pulling a frozen door . They are likely to pull right off ....

My last complaint , the stupid door lock button on the handle is useless in the winter , ice, salt , dirt .... it stuck " in" already once .... definitely going to fail

With new winter tires , these SUV's are awesome in the snow

2. The wipers being located down under the hood looks nice, but it makes it quite hard to clear snow and ice out of there for the sprayers. You also can't leave your wipers up when freezing rain is expected.
I believe you can leave your wipers up at the wiper maintenance position but since it’s kinda “below” the hood you may not have problems with the wiper sticking to the windshield.

The wiper thing drives me absolutely crazy. No fun with all of the snow and ice! I'm having some brake issues with the winter weather as well. Grinding noises upon braking and caliper is sticking :(

The wiper thing drives me absolutely crazy. No fun with all of the snow and ice! I'm having some brake issues with the winter weather as well. Grinding noises upon braking and caliper is sticking :(

Sorry to hear about your brakes, you may want to get the looked at!

For Ice/Snow, did you ever consider getting something like this?

1579308660123.png

OP
G

GNR

Thread Starter #6
Is anyone else having an issue with snow (frozen slush) accumulating in the wheel wells and wheels and causing a shake/shimmy at highway speeds? We have had a lot of snow lately and this happens every storm. Perhaps it is only an issue with the 20" wheels? There isn't mush space around them which makes the frozen stuff hard to clear out of there. Best bet is probably to hit a car wash and spray it out of there. It is a little annoying. I am more used to driving trucks so haven't experienced this issue before.

Perhaps it is only an issue with the 20" wheels?
Overall size of the 20" wheels/tires is within a fraction of the overall size of the 18" wheels/tires
1579621025290.png

I believe you can leave your wipers up at the wiper maintenance position...
From the manual:
To inspect or replace the windshield wiper blades and to prevent damaging the hood, move the windshield wiper blades to the service position as follows;
After turning off the engine, move the wiper switch to the single wiping (MIST) position within 20 seconds and hold the switch more than 2 seconds until the wiper blade is in the fully up position.

FWIW

OP
G

GNR

Thread Starter #8
Cool. Thanks.