Welcome to the #1 KIA Telluride Forum and KIA Telluride community dedicated to KIA Telluride owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Telluride Forum today!

Extended warranty to buy or not to buy

OP
B

Bdean8183

Thread Starter #21
They tried to sell me both a warranty or maintenance plan, hard pass on both.
They didn’t say anything about a maintenance plan but I am 235 miles from their dealership so I don’t know how those work. If I could take it to my local dealer or not.

Is there any difference between Kia’s own extended warranty vs third party?

Is there any difference between Kia’s own extended warranty vs third party?
Third party usually requires a deductible or you have to service it at the dealer where you purchased the warranty. If you want nationwide coverage or no deductible they'll charge more. I once purchased third party insurance on a used F150 and they had no problem covering a dash gauge repair. Only problem was that it took a long time for them to approve the repairs and they charged me a $100 deductible.

When you purchase an extended warranty, you are gambling that you will have Over $2,000 in loses. The reason that the sellers of these push these are statistically you won't. That is why they have so much room on the price. They are HUGE money makers for them. If you want to gamble, go to Las Vegas and at least have some fun with it! Your odds are really better!

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

LouPs

Thank you, we really like the color. We wanted a Moss Green but I was scared that it would be hard to keep clean since it is such a dark color. And they are very hard to find. I do plan on keeping it longer than 3 years. We wouldn’t be getting rid of the Charger if it weren’t the need for more room for the kiddos. It’s actually 7 years old already. Time flies. As long as the Tellurude is reliable we plan on keeping it awhile. Possibly even passing it down to my oldest daughter when she starts driving which is 9 years away. Thank you so much for the compliments and the advice.
I have the Moss green and it shows every bit of dirt. I am sorry that I did not get the Everlasting Silver! If they had one on the lot before I bought the green, I would have gone with the blue tinted Everlasting Silver. Plus I do not like the black wheels on my SX model. Chrome on other models looks so much better!