Welcome to the #1 KIA Telluride Forum and KIA Telluride community dedicated to KIA Telluride owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Telluride Forum today!

Hesitation

Joe E

My 2020 hesitates when going uphill at around 2000 rpms. Dealer stated this is common and it's a clutch in the transmission. Doesn't sound right to me

My 2020 hesitates when going uphill at around 2000 rpms. Dealer stated this is common and it's a clutch in the transmission. Doesn't sound right to me
What drive mode are you in?

Hesitate as in lack of power? The Telluride's motor makes a good amount of power down low so there shouldn't be any hesitations.

Keep in mind that vehicles are designed with drivability as only one of the many concerns. Emissions and economy are also priorities, so hesitation is not uncommon in modern vehicles. Try Sport mode and see if you find improvement. If the dealer tells you “it’s normal” (aka: unable to duplicate problem) consider other options to improve throttle response, like a Pedal Commander.

I find my 2022 just fine in Normal and Sport mode, but lacking in Eco. I expect this so it’s not an issue.

OP
J

Joe E

Thread Starter #7
Keep in mind that vehicles are designed with drivability as only one of the many concerns. Emissions and economy are also priorities, so hesitation is not uncommon in modern vehicles. Try Sport mode and see if you find improvement. If the dealer tells you “it’s normal” (aka: unable to duplicate problem) consider other options to improve throttle response, like a Pedal Commander.

I find my 2022 just fine in Normal and Sport mode, but lacking in Eco. I expect this so it’s not an issue.
It's more of a stutter or bucking at around 2000 rpms going uphill