Welcome to the #1 KIA Telluride Forum and KIA Telluride community dedicated to KIA Telluride owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Telluride Forum today!

High beams not working

My high beams just stopped working, both at same time. Sounds like computer problem to me, but dealership is replacing both lights/full units. Has anyone else had this and what did it turn out to be?

DeKernul

I, like many others, lost high beams in both headlights. I went ahead and upgraded to LED bulbs. That certainly has helped tremendously and I would advise anyone else to do the same, but it does not fix the high beams issue. I am out of warranty and the dealership is quoting around $3000 to replace them. I am doing my best to contact Kia about this issue. Just mark me down as one more person confirming this is a known issue!

BridgeSC

I am having the same issue. Just stopped working about a month ago. I can't believe there are so many people having this issue but there is no recall. I have bad eyes and I live in a rural area. Really could use the high beams.

DeKernul

Following up on this issue. I did contact Kia warranty and they were very responsive and communicated with me the entire time they looked into the issue. It took a while, but they decided not to do a recall on this issue, however, they did extend the warranty on the headlights. This allowed me to be able to have both headlamp assemblies replaced while under the new warranty. I am pleased that Kia did not ignore this issue.

BridgeSC

Following up on this issue. I did contact Kia warranty and they were very responsive and communicated with me the entire time they looked into the issue. It took a while, but they decided not to do a recall on this issue, however, they did extend the warranty on the headlights. This allowed me to be able to have both headlamp assemblies replaced while under the new warranty. I am pleased that Kia did not ignore this issue.
Hey that is good to know! I filed a complaint and they have contacted me. I am hopeful they are going to fix mine as well.