Welcome to the #1 KIA Telluride Forum and KIA Telluride community dedicated to KIA Telluride owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Telluride Forum today!

How do you reset the tire pressure?

Hey guys my wifes telly has had the tire pressure sign flashing. Tonight I filled the tires up with air.
What is the recommended psi? I upgraded to 20x8 rims?

Also the warning sign is still flashing along with the "a" sign how do I get rid of them?
Thanks!!

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk

If you haven't moved the vehicle since airing them up, they wont register the new pressure.
Try driving for a few hundred feet and the monitors will kick back on and resend the pressure

OP
italsal
Thread Starter #3
Ok I'll try that. I did drive for a bit after filling though... I'll wait a day for 2
Thank you!!

utmeep

Not Active
Staff Member
The only thing I can think of is whoever mounted your tires and wheels didn't put in tpms

OP
italsal
Thread Starter #5
The only thing I can think of is whoever mounted your tires and wheels didn't put in tpms
Ok buts it's been a while since we mounted the wheels. Does this sort of thing happen right away..?
Thank you

Telly20

Ok buts it's been a while since we mounted the wheels. Does this sort of thing happen right away..?
Thank you

I upgraded my wheels to aftermarket as well and had TPMS from OEM wheels installed to the aftermarkets. Tire shop told me that TPMS were self-learning and tire pressure on dash would adjust accordingly. I never did have that warning light come on tho. I would check with the installer to make sure the TPMS were transferred over. (unless you bought 4 new tpms to go with the new wheels) Hope this helps.

OP
italsal
Thread Starter #7
Not sure if he he did..? I doubt it.
I'm just wondering why now? If he installed it in april I would imagine the warning would have gone off month ago..?

Thanks guys

kublai68

I upgraded my wheels to aftermarket as well and had TPMS from OEM wheels installed to the aftermarkets. Tire shop told me that TPMS were self-learning and tire pressure on dash would adjust accordingly. I never did have that warning light come on tho. I would check with the installer to make sure the TPMS were transferred over. (unless you bought 4 new tpms to go with the new wheels) Hope this helps.
I just swapped out my 20 with after market rims from Discount Tire, tire shop told me I had to get new TPMS kit for the aftermarkert rims since the they can not use the original TPMS sensors.