Welcome to the #1 KIA Telluride Forum and KIA Telluride community dedicated to KIA Telluride owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Telluride Forum today!

How to: Replace reverse light bulbs

tekie99

Someone on a Telluride Facebook group replaced them and spilled the details on how to do it!

Rather simple... grab the handle on the inside of the hatch while open, and twist it back towards you and should reveal 2 screws.. remove the screws and gently pull the panel back which reveals the location of the bulbs..

Attachments

Someone on a Telluride Facebook group replaced them and spilled the details on how to do it!

Rather simple... grab the handle on the inside of the hatch while open, and twist it back towards you and should reveal 2 screws.. remove the screws and gently pull the panel back which reveals the location of the bulbs..
Awesome, thanks so much for sharing this.

utmeep

Not Active
Staff Member
Finally. I knew it was behind the interior panel..

I just finished replacing the backup lights with LEDs. They are very bright.. Now one last bulb...anyone know how to get to the front marker light bulb?

backupsmall - Copy.jpg

Installation Tip: Make sure you line up the fasteners on the panel to the hole in the hatch. If you don't you could potentially deform the fastener making it hard to lock into the hole.

utmeep

Not Active
Staff Member
Did mine just now. I took the entire panel off making it easier to put back on without having to worry about alignment.. 4 screws in total.

Used these bulbs;
LUYED 2 Extremely Bright 1600 Lumens Backup Reverse Lights 921 912 W 16W 3020 30-EX Chipsets, Xenon White, No Hyper Flash
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B075K4DPFY

1FD194DE-BC64-405C-92EB-5B12A72C5EC5.jpeg

Did mine just now. I took the entire panel off making it easier to put back on without having to worry about alignment.. 4 screws in total.

Used these bulbs;
LUYED 2 Extremely Bright 1600 Lumens Backup Reverse Lights 921 912 W 16W 3020 30-EX Chipsets, Xenon White, No Hyper Flash
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B075K4DPFY

View attachment 1242
Where are the other two screws? From the original post, there are two located behind the pull down handle. Also is there a connector that needs to be disconnected for the power hatch close button? Thanks!

utmeep

Not Active
Staff Member
Where are the other two screws? From the original post, there are two located behind the pull down handle. Also is there a connector that needs to be disconnected for the power hatch close button? Thanks!
Yes, the power hatch button needs to be disconnected. You can use a pry tool or a flat head to pop the button out and disconnect it. I suggest that you take the button out first before removing the panel.

The other 2 screws are on each side at the top of the panel. You'll have to pop out the 2 side panels to get to it. I should have taken a picture of it when it was off... haha.

Yes, the power hatch button needs to be disconnected. You can use a pry tool or a flat head to pop the button out and disconnect it. I suggest that you take the button out first before removing the panel.

The other 2 screws are on each side at the top of the panel. You'll have to pop out the 2 side panels to get to it. I should have taken a picture of it when it was off... haha.
Thanks. I’ll add this to my projects list! 😊

bmonaco

Installed mine last night, looks great! Those were the last incandescent bulbs left, everything is now full LED. Wasn't too bad of an install, maybe 20 minutes.

Once you've removed the power-lift gate button (if applicable), I highly suggest taking out the 4 screws like @utmeep mentioned (2 behind the grab handle cover, 1 on either side – higher up). You'll have to remove the top 2 panels to get to the higher screws. Just take your time and they should pop right off, exposing the screw. Then, once you have all of the screws out, I'd suggest popping out the least amount of clips from the larger trim piece as possible...too many will add to the difficulty of lining everything back up. So, just pop out only as many as you need to fit your hand in there. It's a bit tight to be honest, but the bulbs twisted out relatively easily. Another tip, take note of the orientation of the bulb before taking it out, that way you'll have a reference to where it needs to be once you go to reinstall it with the new bulbs. I didn't do this for the first bulb, and I had trouble lining the bulb back up since it's hard to see even with the panel loose. Once the bulbs are in and tested, replace the screws, carefully snap in your trim pieces, and you're good to go!

These are the bulbs I used, match my other bulbs perfectly. Great reviews, too:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0728DYR9H?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share&tag=salsbloofnot-20

I bought these to avoid destroying my plastic trim, makes things a bit easier:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00D7XNQHG?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share&tag=salsbloofnot-20

Hope that helps.

Installed mine last night, looks great! Those were the last incandescent bulbs left, everything is now full LED. Wasn't too bad of an install, maybe 20 minutes.

Once you've removed the power-lift gate button (if applicable), I highly suggest taking out the 4 screws like @utmeep mentioned (2 behind the grab handle cover, 1 on either side – higher up). You'll have to remove the top 2 panels to get to the higher screws. Just take your time and they should pop right off, exposing the screw. Then, once you have all of the screws out, I'd suggest popping out the least amount of clips from the larger trim piece as possible...too many will add to the difficulty of lining everything back up. So, just pop out only as many as you need to fit your hand in there. It's a bit tight to be honest, but the bulbs twisted out relatively easily. Another tip, take note of the orientation of the bulb before taking it out, that way you'll have a reference to where it needs to be once you go to reinstall it with the new bulbs. I didn't do this for the first bulb, and I had trouble lining the bulb back up since it's hard to see even with the panel loose. Once the bulbs are in and tested, replace the screws, carefully snap in your trim pieces, and you're good to go!

These are the bulbs I used, match my other bulbs perfectly. Great reviews, too:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0728DYR9H?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share&tag=salsbloofnot-20

I bought these to avoid destroying my plastic trim, makes things a bit easier:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00D7XNQHG?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share&tag=salsbloofnot-20

Hope that helps.
How are those bulbs holding up?