Welcome to the #1 KIA Telluride Forum and KIA Telluride community dedicated to KIA Telluride owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Telluride Forum today!

IIHS will be crash testing the Telluride tomorrow

OP
telluride
Thread Starter #41
Gotta love BMW. From their X1 test:ROFLMAO:

NicciV

So I saw the testing results for the Telluride are finally posted on IIHS and all good except the headlights rated poor, but I thought they were testing the SX which I thought had the LED headlights which I would have thought would’ve had a better score... can anyone clarify if I am reading these results correctly??

bellrm00

So I saw the testing results for the Telluride are finally posted on IIHS and all good except the headlights rated poor, but I thought they were testing the SX which I thought had the LED headlights which I would have thought would’ve had a better score... can anyone clarify if I am reading these results correctly??
It looks like they were testing the halogen lamps on the lower trims (LX, S, EX): https://www.iihs.org/ratings/vehicle/kia/telluride-4-door-suv/2020#headlights

This is great news. A perfect rating in all categories (including subtests), except headlights, shows what a great SUV this is. I personally think the lights are fine on my S-trim, I don't see (get it?) any problems. Other vehicles can see me and I can see them. In the end, I feel very comfortable letting my teens drive this car.

Sent from my SM-J320V using Tapatalk

The headlights are super bright on my SX. I've been pulled over at night and people in cars on the opposite side of me put their visors down. NIce to see the results were good!

gnaledge

For what it's worth, most cars do not receive a good rating on headlights. It appears vehicles need to have high beam assist (HBA) and curve-adaptive HID/LED lights to get that rating. The SX trim has HBA and LED headlights which is probably why that trim is NOT listed in the report.

"As of March 2019, 14 percent of headlight systems tested on model year 2019 vehicles received a good rating. More than half were rated marginal or poor because of inadequate visibility, excessive glare from low beams for oncoming drivers, or both."

https://www.iihs.org/topics/headlights