Welcome to the #1 KIA Telluride Forum and KIA Telluride community dedicated to KIA Telluride owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Telluride Forum today!

Kia Solar glass

BigAl

When looking at aftermarket tint (specifically ceramic for heat blocking), I noticed that my windshield and front side windows have an etching indicating they are "Kia Solar glass" with a factory 70% tint film. (see pictures)
After looking everywhere the only definition of "Kia Solar glass" I could find is from a 2019 Optima features list that describes it as: "Solar control glass - Science has made it possible for the Optima’s windows to reduce interior heat buildup from the sun. Every trim comes standard with solar control glass so those extra hot days don’t cook the inside of your car."
It sounds like the Solar glass has the heat blocking properties I am looking for in ceramic tint. However the tint shop had several such films with different levels of heat blocking (20% to 80%). Does anyone have any specs on the Kia Solar glass specifically with the % of heat blocking it is supposed to provide?
Also I find it interesting that neither the sun roof nor the factory tinted rear windows have Solar glass.

Attachments