Welcome to the #1 KIA Telluride Forum and KIA Telluride community dedicated to KIA Telluride owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Telluride Forum today!

Last thing we need in the Middle East!

Oh yeah that's so sad. Wonder how many Tellurides were in there.

Oh yeah that's so sad. Wonder how many Tellurides were in there.
T-Rides are made in the good ol' U.S. of A. Not sure how many Palisades will be affected though.

T-Rides are made in the good ol' U.S. of A. Not sure how many Palisades will be affected though.
I thought I read it was heading to the Middle-east? There might have been some Palisades when the ship was heading towards the US port but it looks to be leaving when it capsized.

I thought I read it was heading to the Middle-east? There might have been some Palisades when the ship was heading towards the US port but it looks to be leaving when it capsized.
Muh bad. Didn't read the story closely. If it was heading out there then very likely some T-Rides were on there. Either way it sucks and shocking it happened at all.

Why does it appear that the ship is in really shallow water? I guess the ship bottomed out causing it to capsize?

Why does it appear that the ship is in really shallow water? I guess the ship bottomed out causing it to capsize?
It's still under investigation but from what I saw on the news the captain deliberately ran it aground because of a fire onboard.

The fire started after the ship ran aground and tilted over to the left. The ship was manufactured in 2017 and was carrying only 4000 vehicles only with max load of 7400. I guess they're investigating the cause, but it sure looks like shallowness has something to do with it.