Welcome to the #1 KIA Telluride Forum and KIA Telluride community dedicated to KIA Telluride owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Telluride Forum today!

New Member - 19" or 18" tires for winter driving in Canada?

Hi guys,

I'm new to the forums - I have just ordered a 2022 Telluride on Saturday. The dealership here was quoting 8-12 weeks for delivery. Hopefully they stick to approximately that, as I would rather not get into receiving this in December!

Anyways, I'm looking at purchasing some new winter tires for the Telluride. At the dealership, they advised that I purchase 19" tires for winter. Normally I would have expected 18" would have been the way to go. Does anyone have an opinion on what size tire I should go with?

Hi guys,

I'm new to the forums - I have just ordered a 2022 Telluride on Saturday. The dealership here was quoting 8-12 weeks for delivery. Hopefully they stick to approximately that, as I would rather not get into receiving this in December!

Anyways, I'm looking at purchasing some new winter tires for the Telluride. At the dealership, they advised that I purchase 19" tires for winter. Normally I would have expected 18" would have been the way to go. Does anyone have an opinion on what size tire I should go with?
18” would be much cheaper and I don’t see any benefits of the extra inch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mcoppola

I'm about to purchase winter tires and all the dealerships around me in Ontario are putting on 18" wheels for winter.

presto11

I'm on the same boat. Planning to buy 18" x 8" wheels but not sure if the dealer will offer an 18" tire and wheel package.

mcoppola

I got my winter tires on order from an Ontario dealership on 18” OEM rims with 235 65 R18 tires. I splurged for the tire pressure monitors

Emac52

I have the SXL (20" rims) and was lucky to find OEM 18" rims off an EX for sale with snows already mounted! The cost of 20" tires whether summers or winters is pretty expensive compared to 18" so I was definitely after 18" rims for my winter set. Due to KIA and Hyundai's wheel center bore of 67mm and bolt pattern, other OEM options are few. Some aftermarket rims I have seen state not to be used in winter driving conditions....? they rust, have expansion issues, etc? Anyway the dealer should provide a good suitable product I'm sure. Then an issue is compatibility with the speedometer. The EX tires 245/60/18 are closest to the SXL tires of 245/50/20 for overall diameter (0.2%). Another option for the 18" rims would be 235/65/18 (1.3% difference). Slightly narrower and a slightly taller sidewall, many techs recommend a narrower tire for winter driving. After all, speeds are usually slower and cornering not so fast. These are just my opinions and given here to help anyone shopping with a little extra insight.

Brunerob

Hi guys,

Hi I just joined the forum as well. I just put 18 in winter rims on my new 2022 telluride. Now looking for center caps that will fit.