Welcome to the #1 KIA Telluride Forum and KIA Telluride community dedicated to KIA Telluride owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Telluride Forum today!

Pedal commander

There is a Telluride + Pedal Commander review on YouTube. I’m still unsure.

Turn the drive mode to Sport and you will be fine. No pedal commander needed.
Don't need it but the improved pedal response is real. I have one and activated verses not activated PC with the factory Sport mode is night and day difference. Just my experience with the PC as a guy who drives muscle cars and trucks regularly.

Elmojo

What is the PC supposed to do?
I haven't been able to tell one bit of difference between the various factory drive modes. Maybe my butt-dyno is out of calibration? lol

It isn't going to throw you back with HP gains. Simple response time between your action, acceleration pedal and the action of Telly. I use Sport mode +3 with Factory Sport Mode engaged. I tried a little experiment before posting on this topic. I wondered if it was just me wanting to justify my expense on a brand new vehicle so this.......

My wife who never drove Telly without PC and not knowing I turned it off. She took is out for some errands and the first thing she said upon her return "something is wrong with Telly it drives slow". I said I would look into it and went and turned it back on. Next day she says "what did you do Telly is back to normal".....LOL I disclosed what I did and she said good I like how it drives that way.

Just my experience.

Elmojo

So the PC sharpens throttle response? Okay, cool.
What about the factory drive modes? I swear I can't feel any difference at all between Eco and Sport.
Is there a long delay before it changes behavior after switching?
Is there something I'm supposed to do, other than just twist the knob?
It's kinda making me wonder if there's something wrong with my vehicle, and I need to have the dealer check it.

Sport seems to downshift sooner than eco if you get on the gas. Not sure what the smart option does.

I personally like my PC. Having always driven turbo'd european cars to now having a NA suv te throttle response to me was less than desirable. Even switching from my wife's cr-v to the telluride it seemed like the telluride was lacking. But once installed I leave it in sport mode +2 and the lag is gone. Haven't noticed any kinda mileage drop or anything since. I was anticipating a drop in gas mileage due to the gear changes being affected and rpm ranges varying as well. Not many power ad-ons yet so why not at least feel a little more peppy when you can.