Welcome to the #1 KIA Telluride Forum and KIA Telluride community dedicated to KIA Telluride owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Telluride Forum today!

pedal commander

Does anyone have a pedal commander on their Telly yet?

I've read a few people have done this to their Stinger and it does work.

utmeep

Not Active
Staff Member
Does anyone have a pedal commander on their Telly yet?
I had it on my charger. For the price it's not worth it in my opinion. You can get a better tuner for a little more. However, this is the only "tune" option for the Telluride right now.

I had it on my charger. For the price it's not worth it in my opinion. You can get a better tuner for a little more. However, this is the only "tune" option for the Telluride right now.
Good feedback...thanks. I was on the fence about getting it. I agree with you, it is a little pricey. I think $150 would have been more reasonable.

Also I’m not sure how it interacts with the built-in drive modes.

One thing that makes this a little more interesting than other tunning computers is, the manufacturer’s claim of its invisibility by leaving no digital footprint.

ucinn

Staff Member
I just don't get it myself. If I want the TB to open at 80%, I'll just push the pedal down farther. I don't get paying money for something you can do yourself. You want better throttle response, put it in sport mode.

Where is anyone seeing this as available for the Telluride? It actually sounds like it solves what is bothering me most about the car.
The throttle mapping feels a little erratic and clunky in all modes. Unfortunately not solvable by my heavy right foot. ;-)
Comfort mode can't make up its mind as to what gear it wants and Sport holds the RPMs high for far longer than needed based on throttle position.
The aftermarket tunes I have had in the past (Cobb, Dinan, and Custom Dyno) apply new throttle mapping in addition to the increase in power, but honestly I'm relatively happy with the power. Just unhappy with how it decides where to put it.

Where is anyone seeing this as available for the Telluride? It actually sounds like it solves what is bothering me most about the car.
The throttle mapping feels a little erratic and clunky in all modes. Unfortunately not solvable by my heavy right foot. ;-)
Comfort mode can't make up its mind as to what gear it wants and Sport holds the RPMs high for far longer than needed based on throttle position.
The aftermarket tunes I have had in the past (Cobb, Dinan, and Custom Dyno) apply new throttle mapping in addition to the increase in power, but honestly I'm relatively happy with the power. Just unhappy with how it decides where to put it.
In another KIA Telluride forum’s Webstore. Search google for Telluride Pedal Commander

I just don't get it myself. If I want the TB to open at 80%, I'll just push the pedal down farther. I don't get paying money for something you can do yourself. You want better throttle response, put it in sport mode.
I agree, looks like a waste of money.

Banks power just made one for my telluride.. my lil brother works there as a machinist and got this done... well worth it. Can't tell u the price because it was R&D on my car and I got it for free

I have one installed on my 21ex and absolutely love it. I was bothered by the same things you are talking about and even tho the pedal commander doesn't necessarily have any HP gains the throttle response is significantly improved. It allows you to not only choose from 4 modes all with 4 additional settings and it also piggy backs off the cars own MODE selection. So you can actually be in ECO mode but have a throttle response that's quicker than normal SPORT mode. For me it was a no brainer at least until more power add-ons become available (more than intake and exhaust)

OH and BTW I got mine off Amazon. But the Walmart app, and ebay have them as well.

Even by putting your foot all the way to the floor it doesn't change the response time for the pedal. The Pedal Commander doesn't mess with your throttle body and stuff what it's function does is it decreases the amount of lag between when your foot hits the pedal to when the rest of the components decide that it's time to work. Without a pedal commander even if I were to take and floor it I would still have a momentary lapse where nothing happens until the car downshifts and begins to accelerate. With the pedal commander that momentary lapse is removed and the power you have is accessed more rapidly. So putting your foot to the floor does nothing but waste more gas and in NC its over $4 a gallon so i prefer not to hammer down everywhere i go. You also mentioned just switch to sport mode the commander allows you to take sport mode to even higher levels because it piggy backs off the stock settings.

Deb G

I don't see the point in this. I had it on my Explorer because it had a lag in the acceleration, but really didn't notice the difference. The Telly is so much more responsive on its own.