Welcome to the #1 KIA Telluride Forum and KIA Telluride community dedicated to KIA Telluride owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Telluride Forum today!

Rodents chewed through my wires!

Brought my wifes Telly for a recal, and briefly mentioned that forbthe past couple of months the "A" logo was flashing...

When I went to pick the car up. The service agent explained that the flickering "A" was due to the wires being chewed up!! Probably raccoons, squirrels... theh get in through a small hole under the engine bay.

To fix this issue its gonna cost 2000$$!!! Just in the Parts!!!

Look at the claw Mark's on the fender :(

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk

You should try going through your auto insurance. Should be covered under comprehensive

What "A" logo are you referring to? If it's the "Auto Stop" feature for the engine, mine flickers all the time depending on how I stop at lights. Seems really weird to me.

I agree with Tim, go through your insurance for this

OP
italsal
Thread Starter #7
What "A" logo are you referring to? If it's the "Auto Stop" feature for the engine, mine flickers all the time depending on how I stop at lights. Seems really weird to me.
This one

OP
italsal
Thread Starter #8
I agree with Tim, go through your insurance for this
Ya we will, no choice it costs 2k just for the harness :(

wow and that’s not including labor.
This is why I keep my comprehensive deductible low ($100). The cost difference is minimal vs $500 deductible. And yes, I hear soy is VERY tasty to rodents. Happened to a coworker. Luckily I keep my vehicles garaged. Good luck resolving!

This one

That's what I thought. Does it flicker while you're driving as well as when you're stopped? Like I said, mine flickers at times depending how I stop at an intersection and it also depends on the conditions at the time. The car engine will auto stop but if you're stoped long enough it will kick the engine back on under certain conditions. I've noticed the flickering during frequent stops so it sounds like the engine is on the borderline between auto stopping or staying on which is what I figure the flickering is at times.

Unless the wires are chewed right through in multiple places, I'm surprised they can't repair the harness. Anyone else have experience with this?