Welcome to the #1 KIA Telluride Forum and KIA Telluride community dedicated to KIA Telluride owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Telluride Forum today!

Telluride Hitch part number(s)

Can someone please scan and share the install instructions? I’d like to see if it’s something I can do myself, thank you.

utmeep

Not Active
Staff Member
Can someone please scan and share the install instructions? I’d like to see if it’s something I can do myself, thank you.
If you know how to use a screw driver and a wrench it should take you about 2 hours. If you have automotive repair experience it should take you an hour or less.

Attachments

If you know how to use a screw driver and a wrench it should take you about 2 hours. If you have automotive repair experience it should take you an hour or less.
Thank you sir, appreciate it very much.

Don

I cannot seem to find whether the Telluride factory installed two package is aclass 2 or 3? Anyone know?

Rx9790

I wouldn’t agree to the purchase unless they paid for the tow package. ( wasn’t installed when built ) and the sales guy had told me it was. I had a great dealership and GM working for me.
Same here. Got it at MSRP minus incentives plus the hitch and wiring free. This was before the big rush started.

Fine1030

Ordered the following from Kia.parts. Hitch will not be available until May. Thanks for the part numbers.

Part Number. Part Name Price Quantity Total
S9F61-AU000. Tow Hitch. $288.60 $288.60
S9F67-AC000. Tow Hitch Controller. $138.75 $138.75
S9F61-AU060. Tow Hitch Service Pa. $38.68. $38.68
S9F21-AC000 Assembly-Roof C. $346.50. $346.50

Subtotal: $812.53. Estimated Shipping: $46.06. total: $858.59
Do you have a picture of the controller? Thanks for the list !

Milad

I just got the OEM hitch receiver installed and had the dealer retrofit the wiring for a 7 pin brake controller as I am looking to tow a trailer that is 4000 lbs. I can find absolutely no information on the tongue weight of the installed OEM hitch receiver and, other than forums, can not confirm that the hitch receiver is in fact a class hitch. Can anyone help?

For those that are curious the cost of all parts and labour for the entire 7 pin tow package set up with brake controller was $1600 Canadian. A rip off but I need this ASAP and no aftermarket hitch was available. I also wanted the dealer to be held accountable for its own work rather than a third party.

yanni

So you still have to run the extra wire for the 7 pin and wiring for the brake controller in the dash?

f1xedgear

Cheapest place I've found.

Tow Hitch - Kia (S9F61-AU000) - $288.60
https://www.kia.parts/oem-parts/kia-tow-hitch-s9f61au000

Tow Hitch Controller - Kia (S9F67-AC000) - $138.75
https://www.kia.parts/oem-parts/kia-tow-hitch-controller-s9f67ac000

Tow Hitch Bumper Cover - Kia (S9F61-AU660) - $38.68
https://www.kia.parts/oem-parts/kia-tow-hitch-bumper-cov-s9f61au660

Total = $466.03
I just went here to order the same parts. The cart total is the same (~$460), but they want $300 for shipping. Even without the heavy hitch part (just the bumper cover and wiring piece) they want $190 for shipping. Seems ridiculous right? Location is Michigan.

1588548679477.png

pbcopter

Does anyone have a clearer copy of the installation instructions for the QEM tow hitch?

I just received the Tow hitch and the instructions were missing. It seemed like the package had been opened, poorly repacked and resealed. Kia said they would order me an new hitch but this one took 2 months to get.

I downloaded the copy from Post 42 and I cannot read all of it.

Thank you.

Edit: I went to the dealer and they managed to find a clear copy for me.
Thanks to all that read this.

ERNYSAN

Staff Member
Does anyone have a clearer copy of the installation instructions for the QEM tow hitch?

I just received the Tow hitch and the instructions were missing. It seemed like the package had been opened, poorly repacked and resealed. Kia said they would order me an new hitch but this one took 2 months to get.

I downloaded the copy from Post 42 and I cannot read all of it.

Thank you.

Edit: I went to the dealer and they managed to find a clear copy for me.
Thanks to all that read this.
Can you post a clear copy for me? (all of us) please Thank you