Welcome to the #1 KIA Telluride Forum and KIA Telluride community dedicated to KIA Telluride owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Telluride Forum today!

Timeline for getting a VIN# assigned in the ordering process

Mary N

Can anyone share how long it took to get a VIN# assigned to your particular order--how many weeks into the process? Did the dealer sales associate notify you? Thanks.

DarrenJ

I would like to know this also. Our order for an AWD SX in Black Copper was placed the first week of June through Jim Butler Kia in Chesterfield MO.
The dealership has not lifted a finger to let us know anything about the delay unless we have called or stopped by. The only explanation so far is a delay due to a shortage of special paints(white and black copper). Very unhappy about the customer service from the dealer and manufacturing plant.

I would like to know this also. Our order for an AWD SX in Black Copper was placed the first week of June through Jim Butler Kia in Chesterfield MO.
The dealership has not lifted a finger to let us know anything about the delay unless we have called or stopped by. The only explanation so far is a delay due to a shortage of special paints(white and black copper). Very unhappy about the customer service from the dealer and manufacturing plant.
Any updates?

I was told around the first part of June that ordering was put on hold. When I saw a few people were able to place orders again, I got to order my SXP on August 5th. Then the dealership I dealt with didn’t receive any info until October 15TH. At that time I got a picture of the window sticker and an approximate delivery date of November 18 Th. Then I got the call on November 11th that it was just taken off the truck. I was confused during the whole process of the lack of communication from Kia to the dealership. But that’s just the way they do things I guess.

We ordered one (Dark Moss SXP with black nappa interior) on August 8th and our 2nd one on August 16th. I cannot get ANY info our of my dealers. I am ready to walk away and buy something else. I can revisit the Telluride when all of the hype dies down.

Djgberg

We ordered one (Dark Moss SXP with black nappa interior) on August 8th and ours 2nd one on August 16th. I cannot get ANY info our of my dealers. I am ready to walk away and buy something else. I can revisit the Telluride when all of the hype dies down.
That exact vehicle can be found on the lot at the dealership in Texarkana TX at MSRP.