Welcome to the #1 KIA Telluride Forum and KIA Telluride community dedicated to KIA Telluride owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Telluride Forum today!

Tires From Factory

So I've been noticing that most of the tellurides come with Michelin tires which is great, I love their tires. But I've also noticed that some are coming with cheaper tires Pirelli scorpion something is what I saw on another telluride. Can anyone give me some information on this? I would prefer the michelins, but obviously I don't think you can pick it's just whatever they put on at factory unless it depends on trim level or wheel size? Haven't had good luck with Pirelli in the past.

I think the 18" comes with the Pirellis while the 20" get Michelins. I have the Michelin Primacy Tour on my SX.

LX, EX comes with 18"
S, SX comes with 20"

tyson3371

My EX came with 18" Michelin Primacy Tour tires.

My salesman told me the tires are different between FWD or AWD. FWD gets the Pirelli and the other gets the Michelin.

My salesman told me the tires are different between FWD or AWD. FWD gets the Pirelli and the other gets the Michelin.
She's correct, you get the Michelin if you have AWD and Pirelli if have FWD. I looked at two EX and they both have different tires because of this difference.

Let's see how the Michelins wear. They are definitely a very nice touring tire, however, in my experience, the tires that come stock on almost any new vehicle (Kia's included) are made with cheap rubber. As a result, these first sets might last 40k miles. I'm not sure if they will even last that long, the warranty if bought off the rack is only 55k.

Sent from my SM-J320V using Tapatalk

Normally the Michelins wear very decently, I had Michelins before and they've always lasted over 36k miles.

Let's see how the Michelins wear. They are definitely a very nice touring tire, however, in my experience, the tires that come stock on almost any new vehicle (Kia's included) are made with cheap rubber. As a result, these first sets might last 40k miles. I'm not sure if they will even last that long, the warranty if bought off the rack is only 55k.

Sent from my SM-J320V using Tapatalk

ucinn

Staff Member
The Michelins on my sorento have over 65K on them right now and still have 4/32 left..so probably another 5-10K and they will need replaced. The tires that come stock on cars are the same tires you buy from a store..they don't use a "cheaper rubber compound" for manufacturers.

My FWD EX has Scorpion Zero 245/60/R18

Scorpion Zero  1.jpg
Scorpion Zero 2.jpg

Eagleeye

I am having my 20 in Michelin replaced with Michelin Defender only have 22k and they are at 4/32?? My dealer of 50+ years said this has been the norm in todays world factory tires are being made with cheaper compounds and not just on the Kia's but every mfg has changed out many tires in the 20k range on the newer cars. 245-20-50's are a wide tire more rubber on the road and they will not get the rated mileage in most cases. I also mentioned my vibration problem at 70-80, it may decrease with a better compound tire and tread design and possibly a better ride. Will update at later date if this made a differance.