Welcome to the #1 KIA Telluride Forum and KIA Telluride community dedicated to KIA Telluride owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Telluride Forum today!

Trying to understand Dealer Strategy

khalilsh

Hi All, just ordered an EX Premium on 05/22 (Grey interiors, White Exterior). Dealer Peak Kia North (CO) states VIN number should be available by 06/15 and vehicle delivery by 07/12. Is this anywhere close to reality? I have read all the posts here and doesn't give me comfort that Kia can deliver this on a timely basis.

Ike1988

I just reserved an EXP from James Titchenell at Peak Kia on 1 Jun and it’s scheduled to arrive on 2 July. He had more 2020s coming but Kia pulled some back to make them 2021s with a TBD delivery date. Excited to consider myself an owner soon as I have been following this group a little while. He told me another 2 weeks out we should get a VIN.

Bill T

There several serious issues with the Telluride to consider. Towing capacity, wind noise, and the dreaded vibration and low freq rumble from 63 to 74 mph. After 2 weeks of messing with tires and wheels they finally replaced the front to rear propeller shaft and AWD coupler assembly and said it tested ok. Drove home and 68 to 73 mph low rumble still present ! Now what?

I'm looking into leasing here in NY, dealers are pricing WAY OVER MSRP. One dealer quoted me $800 a month on an SX-P, we're not talking BMW's here. Said if I wanted to order one it would PROBABLY be delivered by November...

OP
K

khalilsh

Thread Starter #6
Just got a call from my dealer Peak Kia North, they have moved us over to 2021 model and cannot commit a delivery date, tentative dates are Aug/Sept timeframe.

Eagleeye

There several serious issues with the Telluride to consider. Towing capacity, wind noise, and the dreaded vibration and low freq rumble from 63 to 74 mph. After 2 weeks of messing with tires and wheels they finally replaced the front to rear propeller shaft and AWD coupler assembly and said it tested ok. Drove home and 68 to 73 mph low rumble still present ! Now what?
Have same problem I think it is in front drive unit internal balance or shim problem.

Eagleeye

Anyone have any feedback on vibration fixes good or bad ? Awaiting dealership to get back to me from Kia.

Eagleeye

Had awd coupler installed still have vibration so dealer now is calling in factory rep. to look at. Service Mgr. states had some success with fixes for some customers?? Believes KIA is aware but can't put finger on cause.