Welcome to the #1 KIA Telluride Forum and KIA Telluride community dedicated to KIA Telluride owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Telluride Forum today!

Will you continue to subscribe to the UVO app service after the trial period?

Will you continue to subscribe to the UVO app service after the trial period?

• Yes

Votes: 2 13.3%
  • No

Votes: 13 86.7%

• Total voters
I personally don't think it's worth the money..but who plans to continue with the subscription after the trial runs out?

What exactly does it do? It the functionality the same for all model Tellurides?

ucinn

Staff Member
I think it's worth it. I'm paying around $600 to get these features aftermarket on the Stinger. I won't have a yearly subscription, but if it's only $20-$40 a year, it'll take a while to get up to $600

The hassle of having to log into the app each and every time I want to use it, makes it not worth it to me, so annoying. It doesn't have a dedicated remote start button front and center on it which is irritating (It's hidden in Climate and not spelled out very well that it will crank the car), in addition to the long delay to actually connect with the car. NOPE

I will put money towards a aftermarket unit ( Viper for example ) that does the same thing and more.

I think it's worth it. I'm paying around $600 to get these features aftermarket on the Stinger. I won't have a yearly subscription, but if it's only $20-$40 a year, it'll take a while to get up to $600
One of the dealers thought uvo would cost $20 a month after the trial which is Insane. It’s so buggy and just doesent work well. At its current state it’s worth $2-$5 a month at most.

A5hi3y

I will especially in the winter months. I’m not putting my snow gear on to start my car. Nope. I’ll do that from the comfort of my warm house. 😁

Hatchmo75

While most people are just focusing on the remote start aspect, the system is supposed to be similar to the OnStar system. When I looked at pricing for that, the price ranges from $15-$50 a month depending on which tier you get. I am guessing that’s where Kia was getting their pricing basis. Not saying whether or not it’s worth it and whether it’s as good as the OnStar system, but it seems like there is a basis for attempting to charge this fee.

While most people are just focusing on the remote start aspect, the system is supposed to be similar to the OnStar system. When I looked at pricing for that, the price ranges from $15-$50 a month depending on which tier you get. I am guessing that’s where Kia was getting their pricing basis. Not saying whether or not it’s worth it and whether it’s as good as the OnStar system, but it seems like there is a basis for attempting to charge this fee.
If I'm not mistaken, I think "OnStar system" and vehicle tracking....oops, I mean trip logging will remain free. The additional cost be for remote lock/unlock start, temperature, and trip upload (depending on the package).

I don't think it's very user friendly - I have to log on every single time. We will probably add an aftermarket auto start like we did to my Denali.

I wouldn't consider it if they didn't fix the remote start (doors unlocked) problem.
However, I recently downloaded a software update for UVO and so far the doors
are indicating (locked) when they should. I am hopeful.

I paid for the same type thing on my previous vehicle (Subaru Starlink) and while I almost never used it, it was one of those things I figured I would kick myself for NOT paying for it, if I ever DID need to unlock my doors remotely. And the Subaru did not have the remote start option. I don't know. I guess I will decide when the year is up.