Welcome to the #1 KIA Telluride Forum and KIA Telluride community dedicated to KIA Telluride owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Telluride Forum today!

2021 kia Telluride spare tire

Does anyone know if i can fit a regular size tire underneath as my spare tire? I have a 20” or will a 18” fit?
You definitely can put a regular size tire down there, your problem is going to be that tire’s width. The temporary spare is a 155 mm width tire whereas the standard Telluride tire is a 245 mm width. That’s a 90 mm difference - about 3.5”… that’s how much more a regular tire would hang down further than the spare.

OP
S
Thread Starter #3
You definitely can put a regular size tire down there, your problem is going to be that tire’s width. The temporary spare is a 155 mm width tire whereas the standard Telluride tire is a 245 mm width. That’s a 90 mm difference - about 3.5”… that’s how much more a regular tire would hang down further than the spare.
I was able to get a 245/60/18 as my spare today! My spare does show when you look but not that much and since we travel a-lot i rather have a full size than a donut. Thanks for the reply, we are going out of town next week so i went to Discount Tire today and before i bought they sized it for me and showed me and i like what i saw. Thank you!

will be a problem if i replace the rims in my telluride 2021 LX from 18" to 20" ?
Only if you change the overall diameter of the tire. If you went from say a 245/60/18 tire to a 245/50/20 tire, it would only be a 0.24% difference in circumference, so it would be fine to still use your 18" spare. But any change much more than that and I would definitely recommend changing your spare tire out for one with the same outside diameter/circumference as the tires you are going to use with your new 20" wheels.