Welcome to the #1 KIA Telluride Forum and KIA Telluride community dedicated to KIA Telluride owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Telluride Forum today!

2022 order price not honored

wdery

Kia takes my deposit for a 22 Telluride EX in Feb of 22. I’m now told they could not make my car before the change to 23 and my similarly equipped 23 is an extra $3200. Dealer says I can take it or leave it. I get that this is a super high demand car. However, to not even try to honor the deal we made 8 months ago after my 8 month wait, just because someone else will certainly buy it, is like price gouging after a hurricane. Yes it happens, but it’s just not the right thing to do. I understand this makes no difference to Kia, but I’m out.

mkent

Kia takes my deposit for a 22 Telluride EX in Feb of 22. I’m now told they could not make my car before the change to 23 and my similarly equipped 23 is an extra $3200. Dealer says I can take it or leave it. I get that this is a super high demand car. However, to not even try to honor the deal we made 8 months ago after my 8 month wait, just because someone else will certainly buy it, is like price gouging after a hurricane. Yes it happens, but it’s just not the right thing to do. I understand this makes no difference to Kia, but I’m out.

mkent

Sell you my 2022 SX, nightfall edition, black copper and desert sand(?) interior with 10,500 highway miles, and as new. Resides in Ft Collins, CO. Love the car but my wife decided to get second EV6.

Sorry to hear that. My dealer honored their price from the 2020 when we took ownership of the 2021. I was lucky.

I'm not sure what your dealer told you. I ordered a 2022 from a dealer for MSRP in February. At the time I ordered, they told me that the deal is for MSRP and if I ended up getting a 2023 model, I would pay the MSRP a that time. I was told that price when I ordered was not fixed, it would be whatever the MSRP is at the time my Telluride comes in. Still waiting on my order, but am expected to pay the price increase.

Bear Bait

mrobertsstl
Same here. I was aware, before even ordering the car, that any markups on the MSRP would be reflected in the price when the car did eventually arrive. I just ordered a 2023, so with inflation, higher interest rates and the resulting down turn in the car market, it' will be interesting to see what happens in the next 8 months.
(my expected wait period)