Welcome to the #1 KIA Telluride Forum and KIA Telluride community dedicated to KIA Telluride owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Telluride Forum today!

A new KIA logo?

Someone would make a huge killing if they made that logo now for us to swap.

Telleman

I don't see how it's any different from all the Kia K badges on ebay. I doubt they got permission to sell those.
none of the k badges you see on ebay are trademarked. the klexus k isn't even an oem design so kia doesn't care at all about that one. their vintage k is too close to lexus in the usa so they can't trademark it. this new kia logo design, however, they're going to hold close. and i seriously doubt they'd want to see it being sold online before they use it on a car. that'll play it out before they even get a chance to use it themselves.
you're probably right that somebody will start selling one soon. but i hope they don't invest too much money because they're gonna get a cease and desist letter real quick.

none of the k badges you see on ebay are trademarked. the klexus k isn't even an oem design so kia doesn't care at all about that one. their vintage k is too close to lexus in the usa so they can't trademark it. this new kia logo design, however, they're going to hold close. and i seriously doubt they'd want to see it being sold online before they use it on a car. that'll play it out before they even get a chance to use it themselves.
you're probably right that somebody will start selling one soon. but i hope they don't invest too much money because they're gonna get a cease and desist letter real quick.
And you're sure they've secured the mark for this new design? I know Kia has deep pockets and can sue anybody, but there are tons of people selling knockoff Kia merchandise on ebay. I doubt any of these companies will invest too much money considering how cheap they are produced overseas.

you win. goodnight.
Hey sorry man if you think I was being argumentative, I was really wondering why they would enforce one logo design and not the other. Anycase, sorry if I offended and good night to you too.

Telleman

Hey sorry man if you think I was being argumentative, I was really wondering why they would enforce one logo design and not the other. Anycase, sorry if I offended and good night to you too.
all's good, my friend. just no time for the back and forth. wanted to say my piece in case anyone wanted to invest in a design. maybe you're right and they won't do anything. have a good night.

Let's just say whenever it's "legal" to buy then I would want to swap them out. Don't want to get raided by the FBI lol.

none of the k badges you see on ebay are trademarked. the klexus k isn't even an oem design so kia doesn't care at all about that one. their vintage k is too close to lexus in the usa so they can't trademark it
That's some really good info, I was wondering how so many people got away with selling the k badges online.

hmmm interesting topic about the K badges, I'm surprise they weren't able to get it trademark here seeing that it supersedes the Lexus design by at least 40 years.

Honestly - the floating K logo is way cooler than "KIA" no matter how you font the logo. I admit the new KIA looks much better though. I'm wondering if they'll go the Hyundai (Genesis) and Toyota (Lexus) route and develop a premium sub-brand.