Welcome to the #1 KIA Telluride Forum and KIA Telluride community dedicated to KIA Telluride owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Telluride Forum today!

Anyone else being turned off by greedy dealers?

JDoggery

I hear that and have also had similar frustrating experiences with Genesis. I know Hyundai is trying create a luxury brand here, but being an early adopter you're really the guinea pig having a horrible experience while they flush everything out.

Both the Stinger and the Telluride have attracted a lot first time buyers like myself. I can tell you after having owned Audis for the last 10 years, the dealer experience was a major turn off for me and I almost left without buying. Kia really needs to focus on training their dealers to operate more like a luxury brand if they want to compete in this segment.

I hear that and have also had similar frustrating experiences with Genesis. I know Hyundai is trying create a luxury brand here, but being an early adopter you're really the guinea pig having a horrible experience while they flush everything out.
You're absolutely correct. Kia has been doing a great job of rolling out updates and fixes as they become aware of it.

They are already upside down 10k before signing their name on the dotted line. About maybe 15 to 20k total when they drive of the lot. smh

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Think about all the potential customers Kia has lost out on by greedy dealers price gouging.

Seen this on Instagram yesterday, RIDICULOUS for selling and buying it!!
This is why I can't get
I know these are somewhat of a demand right now, but charging more than MSRP is price gouging. Anyone else really turned off by Kia for allowing dealers to do this?
Isn't that against the law?? If they are all Kia dealerships, how can one charge $10k more for the same vehicle??

This is why I can't get

Isn't that against the law?? If they are all Kia dealerships, how can one charge $10k more for the same vehicle??
In some states is it, so they get around that by selling you overpriced add-ons like $1000 window tint or $800 window etching.

Hack2nite

Went in today to dealer to buy the Telluride SX in everlasting grey and there initial offer was 3795 + first payment + tag transfer and monthly payment was $699.99 + tax. I was like are you Crazy !!!!! The MSRP was normal. It was SX with Tow and carpet with telluride logo and the cargo carpet protector thing. MSRP 43800 more less. I showed them KIA online payment calculator and we were at like 452 with 3k down as example and was like I know this care is hot and popular now but i'm not paying extra to dealer for it. And After talking to every manager in the dealership the big GM or whatever came and I got it for $515 taxes included with $4750 down total which included first payment and tag transfer. Overall I think I got a good deal, been waiting a month for SX to be available in Miami, FL.

Went in today to dealer to buy the Telluride SX in everlasting grey and there initial offer was 3795 + first payment + tag transfer and monthly payment was $699.99 + tax. I was like are you Crazy !!!!! The MSRP was normal. It was SX with Tow and carpet with telluride logo and the cargo carpet protector thing. MSRP 43800 more less. I showed them KIA online payment calculator and we were at like 452 with 3k down as example and was like I know this care is hot and popular now but i'm not paying extra to dealer for it. And After talking to every manager in the dealership the big GM or whatever came and I got it for $515 taxes included with $4750 down total which included first payment and tag transfer. Overall I think I got a good deal, been waiting a month for SX to be available in Miami, FL.
So did they explain to you where they got the extra money from? $452 to $700 is a HUGE difference.

So did they explain to you where they got the extra money from? $452 to $700 is a HUGE difference.
A friend of mine always leases.

She told me about a similar experience she had leasing her most recent car.

At the end of all the haggling, she asked the salesperson why the initial fee was absurdly high.

He responded that every so often people accept that without negotiating down to a reasonable payment; ignorance pays $700 a month.

Hack2nite

They first tried to brush me off saying its the dealer fees, taxes, etc... and said oh yeah look at the disclaimer blah blah blah, then when another seller/ manager came to see me I ask him can you show me a detail of the all these fees he was speechless. what really helped me out was the kia.com price calculator and then one of the other sales man which was more seasoned and very very smooth talker but super nice, basically was honest and admitted that the car is super popular and they have been selling them for more. I appreciated that honestly, but I figured that out with the crazy price they showed me at first. Im a super educated consumer and have leased several cars to know all the games and what reasonable offer by both the buyer and seller is. To top it off the they offered me the insurance for scratches and tires etc.. for when you turn in to cover 5K of any damage for $650 and I thought well if the car needs new tires its worth it, i did the math on how much the payment of the care increase and it was $21. when i added that up they were charging me 760 and Im like WTF, turned that shit down due to the shady math, and that was the KIA system doing it as he showed my in the computer, that raised the MRSP of the car and that messed with the factor thing they use vs straight up adding $650 + tax to the payment. Gotta be checking everything with these dealers man all crooks in away.

Jeffrho68

That would be me. Never had a Kia before and the way things are going, I won't be. Not willing to pay over...heck I am trying to get under the sticker price.
Iā€™m in this group too. I will never pay MSRP for a car. Between price-gouging dealers and reports of electrical issues / poor build quality, Iā€™m not going to be buying a Telluride anytime soon. Maybe in a year or two once all the hype has died down.

My planned purchase is at least two to three months from now.

I would pay MSRP if I get a "generous" trade-in allowance.

Magoo

the day i closed on my telluride, the sales manager of the dealership told me that kia corp is telling their dealers not to take any new orders on the sxp for the next month and a half. apparently it's due to a back order situation with the nappa leather. also, kia's projections for the sxp trim level orders in 2019 was 11% of total orders for the telluride. to date , the sxp trim level is 87% of the telluride orders placed in 2019. the sales mgr. also told me they are taking porsche's , mercedes, and other high end vehicles in on trade for the telluride. the dealership had projected ford's, chevy's, some honda's as trade-ins.

roberide

the day i closed on my telluride, the sales manager of the dealership told me that kia corp is telling their dealers not to take any new orders on the sxp for the next month and a half. apparently it's due to a back order situation with the nappa leather. also, kia's projections for the sxp trim level orders in 2019 was 11% of total orders for the telluride. to date , the sxp trim level is 87% of the telluride orders placed in 2019. the sales mgr. also told me they are taking porsche's , mercedes, and other high end vehicles in on trade for the telluride. the dealership had projected ford's, chevy's, some honda's as trade-ins.
When did you close on your Telly/when were you told 1.5 months before SXP orders will resume?

I'm in NJ & I'm not happy, went to test drive (fall in love) today with the S until they wanted to charge me $9k over list! I was told this is normal practice and all dealers are doing it! I'm shocked this is even allowed! Are they crazy! Tomorrow I'm looking at the Atlas but the warranty is what holds me on the Telluride.