Welcome to the #1 KIA Telluride Forum and KIA Telluride community dedicated to KIA Telluride owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Telluride Forum today!

Anyone else bought an S trim and regret not getting the power liftgate?

Tnelmoniq

I have an S, and I’m regretting this as well. A friend just bought a car 13 years older than mine and has this option. Which I could go back to a model that has the option, but I wanted bucket seats and didn’t wanto
Spend 10 k more on the highest model, just for that.

Papa Bear

Both the EX and SX have the power liftgate. I have an S model and thought I would not be able to live without it, as I previously had a minivan for 12 years with that feature. Surprisingly, I don't miss it much at all. I would not make it a dealbreaker.

I agree that it is not a deal breaker. It's a nice feature that has come in handy while using my kids' Sorento, but it's also something else to break. It's like the Homelink mirror, it's nice to have, but not worth the $500 to buy it and have the dealer install it.

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk

mmoore229

One of the features we completely overlooked is the power liftgate, anyone else regret not getting that feature?
YES! I'm totally angry about it. There is an option to it on the keyfob so I never dreamed that it didn't exist on the car and totally overlooked. It's the most inconvenient feature that I can imagine right now after having shoulder replacement surgery. And now that I'm picking up a lot of items curbside the frustration is even greater. I'm trying to find a place to have one added after market. If anyone has added one on, please let me know how it's working out.

mmoore229

I feel your pain, especially since my wife was watching videos of the auto lift gate feature before we bought it:cautious:
I feel the same. Every vehicle I've had for the past 20 years has had a remote lift. I never dreamed for the price of this vehicle that it would not have it as it seems to be almost a standard feature even on lesser expensive vehicle. And the salesperson didn't point it out. I'm very annoyed by it.

bar07033

🙋‍♂️ Didn't want to make the jump to the next model for $8k. Instead got the Autoease kit and installed it. There's a good installation video too if you're a DIYer. If not I'm sure a shop would install it for you.

I wonder if there is a way to access 12 v signal from key fob without tapping into wire by driver side door. What does the power lift gate button do when you press it on the key fob? I think there is a fuse for door locks in the fuse box area. Would adding fuse connector wire to power windows fuse work if you connected it to yellow wire?

scottw324

Honestly, out of all the features on the Telly, the powerlift gate is one of the ones I would prefer not having simply because it cost practically nothing to replace the pistons when they go bad on a manual lift gate. I did it on my old Explorer easily.

The other thing would be the panorama sunroof, which I absolutely hate having up there. I really wish it was an option that you could choose to select or not. in the higher tiers.

Mikeam

One of the features we completely overlooked is the power liftgate, anyone else regret not getting that feature?
Yep. I didn’t realize it wasn’t a power lift gate until I got it home. Kind of a downer as my Acadia had a lot of features this one doesn’t in S trim, but I’m not broken down on the side of the road, so consider that a win.