Welcome to the #1 KIA Telluride Forum and KIA Telluride community dedicated to KIA Telluride owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Telluride Forum today!

Anyone plan to have ceramic coating done?

utmeep

Not Active
Staff Member
Why would someone spend $2k for some magical Ceramic coating on car that probably wouldn't hold up to rock chips at all like a good 3M film would for the front and part of the hood of the vehicle for a few hundred bucks?!
For $2k i can get the whole car repainted if i needed to. My Neighbor had that done on his new Vette. I just shook my head....
CERAMIC COATING MYTHS
In my opinion ceramic coating is to prevent light scratches especially on black cars. I also in orange county only pay max $200 per session. I do 2 sessions a year and have never had swirl marks on my black cars.

Ceramic coating is overrated and spending so much when it will not protect your paint against rock chips etc... is just not worth it. I’ve done ceramic coating on my previous car myself but with the Telluride I doubt it. Just get yourself a bottle of Gyeon Wetcoat and spray the car every 2 months or so and it will basically achieve the same result as ceramic or just use the $$$ to PPF the car or DYI like I do