Welcome to the #1 KIA Telluride Forum and KIA Telluride community dedicated to KIA Telluride owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Telluride Forum today!

Anyone replace the reverse lights on a '23 Telluride

rrbhokies

First, are the reverse lights on the '23 Telluride LED or incadescent? Second, if they aren't LED, has anyone replaced them yet with LEDs? What LEDs did you install, and was it easy to do?

Been wondering the same thing. Really dislike that yellow bulb it comes with. Kinda sure its not stock led.

OP
R

rrbhokies

Thread Starter #3
I replaced my reverse lights this past weekend. It took a while and the driver's side was a pain in the arse. You have to be super flexible to get your hands around to get to the bulb. These are the bulbs I used. The difference is incredible. Beautiful bright white light projecting from the rear view cameras on the infotainment screen.

Amazon.com: LUYED 2 X 1700 Lumens Extremely Bright 1156 4014 102-EX Chipsets 1156 1141 1003 7506 LED Bulbs Used For Backup Reverse Lights,Xenon White : Automotive

moose4595

I thought the reverse bulb is a W16W bulb .... or am i incorrect ?

Owner’s Manual states that it’s a PY21W which is equivalent to an 1156 most typically found in front turn signals. Lighting is a passion of mine so I’d recommend going with GTR Lighting products. Their lights do not burn out but are not cheap. They are worth it IMO because the build quality is superior to the countless other brands out there. I will be getting these in the link below soon for the reverse bulbs. These bulbs are rated at nearly 1,800 lumens per bulb. If you can justify it and plan on keeping your Telluride long term, go for it. If it’s a vehicle you plan on getting rid of in the short term, go for your Amazon bulbs in which some are solid brands like AUXITO, LASFIT, and my favorite Amazon one, LUYED. You may get lucky and get a lot of life out of them or you make get a bad batch of bulbs, that’s the risk.

https://www.theretrofitsource.com/1156-gtr-lighting-carbide-bulbs-LED.BUL.1156.CAR2

I replaced my reverse lights this past weekend. It took a while and the driver's side was a pain in the arse. You have to be super flexible to get your hands around to get to the bulb. These are the bulbs I used. The difference is incredible. Beautiful bright white light projecting from the rear view cameras on the infotainment screen.

Amazon.com: LUYED 2 X 1700 Lumens Extremely Bright 1156 4014 102-EX Chipsets 1156 1141 1003 7506 LED Bulbs Used For Backup Reverse Lights,Xenon White : Automotive
Did you follow the Lasfit video or do you use a less invasive method? Any special tips or tools used?

Did you follow the Lasfit video or do you use a less invasive method? Any special tips or tools used?
Successful upgrade this weekend on my 2022 SX Prestige Nightfall Wolf Grey over Dune, tow and LED interior lights. Only mod so far has been the KIA badge blackout decal.

Replaced license plate halogens with Lasfit 194 168 2825 W5W LED (T10 compatible). Wires to bulb fixture too short to get my fat fingers around it so I had to use needle nose pliers to unscrew from lens. Took about 20 minutes total.

Then I took the plunge and did the rear backups. Purchased the Sunplustrade Auto Trim Removal set on Amazon for $10. You will need the thin needle like tool to create a gap to then fit the wide pry tool into position. I recommend you watch the Lasfit video multiple times, before and during the install, and pay attention to the subtle details of the disassembly and reassembly. Once you get the large rear piece off, you will find the video doesn't show that the rear hatch close button stays on the panel and hangs from the wire! I had to use my rolling worktable to support the entire panel and keep tension off the wire. Also be ready for the hatch to try to close as you manipulate the panel/close button. I took pics of the inside of the panel so I had a better idea where to later direct my hand thumps to seat the panel back into place. I used Auxito 912 921 LED (T15 compatible). Took about 45 -60 mins. Wasted 15 mins trying to locate where a small broken plastic piece came from when the large panel popped off...never found the origin so I figured it was leftover from factory assembly. Wife took pity on me and agreed to put the Telly in reverse during the install and at completion to confirm correct function lol. No error codes or hyperflash!

Thanks to all who have posted before and have answered my questions!

Attachments