Welcome to the #1 KIA Telluride Forum and KIA Telluride community dedicated to KIA Telluride owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Telluride Forum today!

Assembly

Very poor assembly finding many loose parts after 3 months ownership. Possibly will sell it at big loss in a few year.

OP
Knubearit
Thread Starter #4
Just about everything screwed into plastic. Over tighten or not tighten at all. Quality of the plastic as well is questionable.
At least I don't seem to have any mechanical problems like several other owners seem to have. Just need to put up with poor exterior assembly and warped plastic trims, such as below the doors, interior tail gate trim ect. I did expect better quality for a $ 52,000.00 Can. + taxes Telluride SX AWD. I'm very mechanically incline...

Interested in pics and specifics too

OP
Knubearit
Thread Starter #10
I'm calling this post out as "fake news", bigly!
Call it what you want. Maybe you also check out other Telli forum, it may surprise you of some of the serious problems other owners are having.
I'm calling this post out as "fake news", bigly!
Call it what you want, please do your research prior to your comment. Maybe you should look into other forums such as tellurideforum Some owners have serious problems with theirs. Check out latest Technical Service Bulletins. Here are some:
ELE 180 REVI, ELE 168, ELE 178, CHA 097...they are not recalls but may be at a later date. I am an Electronic Technologist and and hold a degree in Optics. Retired @ 37 yrs old. I'm not stupid. You don't need to follow my post if the truth makes you uncomfortable. Just saying!!!

No need to get upset @Knubearit, I think we're all looking for more details to your posts. I'm part of the Telluride FB group which has over 5k members and there has been very little posts about loose screws/parts. We just want to be sure people are just making posts and posting some proof.

OP
Knubearit
Thread Starter #13
No need to get upset @Knubearit, I think we're all looking for more details to your posts. I'm part of the Telluride FB group which has over 5k members and there has been very little posts about loose screws/parts. We just want to be sure people are just making posts and posting some proof.
It's difficult for me to take pics has I'm fixing the issues, I know I should but I can assure you that my dealership is aware of some of them. I just started this post in an attempt to help other owners to be aware. Sorry if I upset some people believe me it was never my intention.

It's difficult for me to take pics has I'm fixing the issues, I know I should but I can assure you that my dealership is aware of some of them. I just started this post in an attempt to help other owners to be aware. Sorry if I upset some people believe me it was never my intention.
@Knubearit I just noticed you're in BC as I am, have you brought this up with Kia Canada Corporate? Also thanks for sharing.

Do they have lemon laws in Canada?
At least I don't seem to have any mechanical problems like several other owners seem to have. Just need to put up with poor exterior assembly and warped plastic trims, such as below the doors, interior tail gate trim ect. I did expect better quality for a $ 52,000.00 Can. + taxes Telluride SX AWD. I'm very mechanically incline...

OP
Knubearit
Thread Starter #17
Yes we do, I've use it on 2 of my vehicles in the past and both times they had to buy it back. I'm not sure if I want to do that since I have no mechanical issues (touch wood)haha, the Telli runs and drive great. My issues are cosmetic. It's just annoying having to fix things that is due to sloppy assembly.

Yes we do, I've use it on 2 of my vehicles in the past and both times they had to buy it back. I'm not sure if I want to do that since I have no mechanical issues (touch wood)haha, the Telli runs and drive great. My issues are cosmetic. It's just annoying having to fix things that is due to sloppy assembly.
I hope everything is problem free for you moving forward.

I have a friend that has OCD. Sucks. Will notice every little detail, every little thing out of place, and can not stop focusing on it. If it is not the perfect shape, perfect color, perfect stitch. Literally take hours to get 1 perfect shirt.

OP
Knubearit
Thread Starter #20
I have a friend that has OCD. Sucks. Will notice every little detail, every little thing out of place, and can not stop focusing on it. If it is not the perfect shape, perfect color, perfect stitch. Literally take hours to get 1 perfect shirt.
I'm not that bad...but I must admit I am a bit of perfectionist. Just is the Telli issues should have been seen upon inspection. If they do them ?