Welcome to the #1 KIA Telluride Forum and KIA Telluride community dedicated to KIA Telluride owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Telluride Forum today!

Brand New Kia Telluride ACCIDENT

rocky494

I was driving on a Frozen Bridge, pulled on to the left only lane and stopped. The Chevy Silverado behind me couldn't stop so he hit me from the back, and I hit the Amazon Delivery Truck in front of me.
So, both my back and front Bumpers are damaged. And also there is a dent on the Trunk door. Amazon driver said it's not his vehicle so he left the scene. The Chevy guy stayed and gave me his insurance info. I filed a case with his insurance. His insurance gave me a list of body shops that I can go to for repair, but I don't have to chose one from their list, I can go anywhere.

Need some expert advice on where I should go to repair my vehicle. Does KIA dealership repair this? I don't trust anyone else other than Kia.

Silly question: Can I demand for a replacement of the car, or it is not an option?

Please advice.

Attachments

Ab1234

Oh boy, sorry to hear this. Did you file a police report? I'd suggest going to a Kia dealership to get it fixed since the other party is at fault anyway. Work thru your insurance. You cannot get a new car unless it's a total loss. This doesn't look close to a total loss. Goodluck and keep us posted. We hear parts are in short supply so it may take a few weeks to get it fixed. Hopefully you can get a nice rental for the interim period.

OP
rocky494

rocky494

Thread Starter #3
No, I did not file a police complaint. The guy who hit me accepted it’s his fault and gave me his insurance details. So i’m filing a claim with his insurance company.

Ab1234

Without a police report, it is hard to formally show they are the one at fault. Hopefully they are a honest person and won't backtrack on their word. I always get a police report as a formal proof of the accident if I ever have one. Goodluck!

OP
rocky494

rocky494

Thread Starter #5
Without a police report, it is hard to formally show they are the one at fault. Hopefully they are a honest person and won't backtrack on their word. I always get a police report as a formal proof of the accident if I ever have one. Goodluck!
Thanks for the advice. I know a police report is safer to have. I called 911 and we waited for 20 mins and no police came. There were 5 fire trucks on the bridge and the firemen asked us to exchange information and leave the bridge immediately as it is not safe to stand there.
And the guy who hit me seems to be a honest person and is cooperating well with the claims process.

OP
rocky494

rocky494

Thread Starter #7
The guy who hit me accepted his mistake and his insurance promised to cover the full cost of the repair.
I was given a repair date for April 27th which will most likely be postponed due to parts shortage. Initial estimate was $5k. Used parts world is terrible out there.