Welcome to the #1 KIA Telluride Forum and KIA Telluride community dedicated to KIA Telluride owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Telluride Forum today!

Broadfeet A-Bar Front Bumper Brush Guard

The bottom pipe is really close to the front radar. It even looks like it may partially block it, especially in the bottom picture. I wonder if it’ll interfere with radar operations?

OP
U

utmeep

Not Active
Staff Member
Thread Starter #3
The bottom pipe is really close to the front radar. It even looks like it may partially block it, especially in the bottom picture. I wonder if it’ll interfere with radar operations?
The radar is on your windshield above the rear view mirror.

What, you’re kidding! I always thought it was behind the lower rectangular cover in the lower center part of the bumper! I thought I even saw some wires behind there. Thanks!

I’m going to have to look again. If true, I’m sure it is, I’m going to be mounting my front tag in that area! I been delaying it because I didn’t like the prospect of drilling into the nice bumper.

The radar is on your windshield above the rear view mirror.
I was actually right! The radar is in the lower center section of the bumper.

1559963147036.png

This presents an interesting problem. How are you going to install an aftermarket bumper? You'll have to somehow remount the radar or parking assist sensor (if equipped) and correctly calibrate it.

OP
U

utmeep

Not Active
Staff Member
Thread Starter #7
I was actually right! The radar is in the lower center section of the bumper.

View attachment 1081

This presents an interesting problem. How are you going to install an aftermarket bumper? You'll have to somehow remount the radar or parking assist sensor (if equipped) and correctly calibrate it.
Don't need the radar. Keep your eyes open haha. Primal outdoors cut it right out to put a winch.

Don't need the radar. Keep your eyes open haha. Primal outdoors cut it right out to put a winch.
LOL..I would think the radar is important with SCC. I would want to keep that working.

OP
U

utmeep

Not Active
Staff Member
Thread Starter #10
LOL..I would think the radar is important with SCC. I would want to keep that working.
I disable mine. It's annoying. I live in LA and you have to drive aggressively to get anywhere in LA traffic.

I disable mine. It's annoying. I live in LA and you have to drive aggressively to get anywhere in LA traffic.
That’s so true, with SCC everyone will be cutting in-front of you where I live too.

It's a good start hoping to see more options soon.