Welcome to the #1 KIA Telluride Forum and KIA Telluride community dedicated to KIA Telluride owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Telluride Forum today!

Canadian Kia Telluride being sold in Arizona

Attachments

OP
A
I discover this earlier in a different post on this forum. My big question is, how will the warranty work?

KiaFan

Staff Member
From the Carfax report it looks like it was re-titled in MI.

I discover this earlier in a different post on this forum. My big question is, how will the warranty work?
As long as there's a VIN, Kia will honor the warranty. As a used car though, its only good for 5 year 60k-mile instead of 10 year 100k-mile.

As long as there's a VIN, Kia will honor the warranty. As a used car though, its only good for 5 year 60k-mile instead of 10 year 100k-mile.
So they will honor warranties across international boundaries? Wow, that’s hard to believe but I’ll take your word for it.

GregGH

So they will honor warranties across international boundaries? Wow, that’s hard to believe but I’ll take your word for it.
a really interesting point ... back when the Cdn dollar was worth more ( 2007-08 ) I bought a Lexus LS430 and a Corvette convertibe in USA and brought back to Canada ... a learning experience not itself.

Here is a good link ... USA cars in Canada ...

But now the question is ...with the weak Cdn dollar ..you might find more Telluride's being purchased in Canada and then re-sold in USA ... my price for a SX AWD was $49.9 + extras tax etc then a $1300 discount from MSRP --that 49.9 cdn is approx $37.5 in US dollars. I know that some time ago people would buy 1 ton chev trucks with real dual tires and drive them for 6 months ( to match the USA Chev requirement for warranty - like my USA Corvette and sell them for more money in USA ...

GH

hjayers

I unknowing bought a Canadian Kia and went to several dealerships for warranty work. MOST Kia dealers won't honor the warranty work in the US, I was able to find on however it took months to get approval etc. BUYER BEWARE, the trade in value is also greatly diminished as well. Dealers are not disclosing where the cars are being bought from but the SX's typically have the heart wheels on them not the blacked out rims. FYI you can look at the plaque inside the drivers side door and tell what county it was made for. Make sure you double check before you purchase because dealerships are trying to pass these off as having a warranty etc.