Welcome to the #1 KIA Telluride Forum and KIA Telluride community dedicated to KIA Telluride owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Telluride Forum today!

Crossbar wind noise

Thanks FireMartZ! Confirmed with Dealer that they were installed backwards. First had them takeoff crossbars and I drove it - no whistling. Then had them re-install with arrow pointing forward. Took it for a drive - still no whistle! Thanks again.

Jimbo777

My crossbars were installed by the dealer. I am now far away from the dealer, but would like to remove them until needed. I have no instructions on how to remove them. I have a key and a hex wrench and I see how to unlock them, but what to do next?

As an FYI - you all were 100% right about the direction the crossbars should be facing. I had a bad whistle when hitting about 35mph. Checked the arrows under the leading crossbar and sure enough they were facing the wrong way.

For those of you who have made it this far in the blog, the LH = driver’s side RH = passenger. The front an back bar are identical. When looking at the underside of the crossbar, look for the arrow that has the word “forward” in them. That is indeed pointing towards the front of the car.

jlids

Does anyone have the complete installation instructions for the cross bars? I bought mine off of Facebook marketplace and I am trying to do it myself.
Thanks

maridi

Thanks - verified my arrow is pointing to the rear not to the front. Will return to dealer this week to get them fixed - hope that will fix the whistling wind noise
Colmo, Can you please post a pic of your crossbars on your car, after getting them redone? Thank you.

Old thread, but we just bought a CPO 2020 SX Prestige and a family member bought me some silver cross bars off Amazon to better match the chrome/white roofline of our Telly. But the chatter they made at 40-50mph was horrendous. Glad I came across this thread! I adjusted my bars to the dimensions Kia recommends on the OEM bars (thanks for posting those btw!) and I also found and installed these NXTGEN AeroGrips, available on Amazon and Etsy. If anyone's still struggling with wind noise or whistling, give these a try! It makes the airflow turbulent across your bars, preventing laminar airflow over the bar, which is what causes the whistling.

https://a.co/d/aisH3bf

Attachments

Rhalama

Thank goodness for this forum. My cross members make a noticeable noise when driving and the sun roof open. I did not know there was special spacing as the dealer dropped them off to me at my request and I installed them. Got the direction correct wide edge towards the front (no seam on these) and I can't find the screws with the "forward" display. But the front one seems to be the correct distance from front, but pretty sure back ones are too far back. Will adjust per instructions on this thread and update---thanks all.

Attachments