Welcome to the #1 KIA Telluride Forum and KIA Telluride community dedicated to KIA Telluride owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Telluride Forum today!

Cruise Control Issues

Any one have any issues with cruise control. I was on a long trip and I had cruise control on then all my check engine lights started flashing and it started to accelerate!! Took it of cruise control for a few minutes then tried cruise again same thing happened. The rest of the trip turned off the cruise control no more issue. Taking it to the dealer ASAP!

Tbellz24

Im going on a 3 hour drive this weekend. I will let you know if I have any issues similar to yours. We only have about 150 miles on ours, so this is going to be a nice break in for everything

Tbellz24

Any one have any issues with cruise control. I was on a long trip and I had cruise control on then all my check engine lights started flashing and it started to accelerate!! Took it of cruise control for a few minutes then tried cruise again same thing happened. The rest of the trip turned off the cruise control no more issue. Taking it to the dealer ASAP!
No issues either leg of my trip with the cruise.

SnoJay37

Just did a 350 mile round trip with a trailer in tow and the cruise control worked fine. There was one part of the trip where a car stopped suddenly and I didn’t wait for the safety features to brake for me so I didn’t test that out for obvious reasons.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jkwillis99

I thought I was having issues with my new Telluride cruise control during a short trip last week. When I would set the cruise control to say 60 miles an hour and go up a steep hill, the cars speed would drop 4 -5 miles an hour before the cruise control would try and adjust the speed. It would then almost floor board it to reach the set speed. What a waste of gas not to mention the sudden acceleration feeling. The dealer said this was normal for a Kia. I just can't believe that! My Audi never wavers from the set speed.
Anyone have similar problems or suggestions?

S-Vibes

I thought I was having issues with my new Telluride cruise control during a short trip last week. When I would set the cruise control to say 60 miles an hour and go up a steep hill, the cars speed would drop 4 -5 miles an hour before the cruise control would try and adjust the speed. It would then almost floor board it to reach the set speed. What a waste of gas not to mention the sudden acceleration feeling. The dealer said this was normal for a Kia. I just can't believe that! My Audi never wavers from the set speed.
Anyone have similar problems or suggestions?
Curious if the bahavior is duplicated regardless of what mode you have selected (Sport, Comfort, Eco, or Smart)? I don't know if the setting of the mode affects how the CC accelerates?

Curious if the bahavior is duplicated regardless of what mode you have selected (Sport, Comfort, Eco, or Smart)? I don't know if the setting of the mode affects how the CC accelerates?
I switched to Smart mode and the cruise control does seem to function much better. I have not the opportunity to test on a steep hill.
Thanks for the suggestion.