Welcome to the #1 KIA Telluride Forum and KIA Telluride community dedicated to KIA Telluride owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Telluride Forum today!

Smart Cruise Control has glitch

Neffnan

Twice now, in two months/2000 miles, SCC in my 2023 Telluride has turned off on its own, in a stretch of highway with no one anywhere near me. My foot was not near the brake -- I did not bump the brake. The car was going up a mild grade, slowed by itself from 76 to 65 (no one anywhere close behind me), then turned back on without my touching anything -- accelerated back to 76 mph and stayed on the rest of highway portion of my trip. The deceleration felt smooth but fast enough that I think it was braking. The acceleration felt to me to be the usual rate.

I asked my dealer's service department if they knew of this behavior and they said no, and that it was no use reporting it to Kia who wouldn't pay any attention until it was verified by a service department, so I should bring it in so they could test drive it. Right -- the glitch has happened once per thousand miles and they are going to evaluate it on a test drive???

So has this happened to anyone else, and does Kia know about it? What should I do about it? other than be careful?

Twice now, in two months/2000 miles, SCC in my 2023 Telluride has turned off on its own, in a stretch of highway with no one anywhere near me. My foot was not near the brake -- I did not bump the brake. The car was going up a mild grade, slowed by itself from 76 to 65 (no one anywhere close behind me), then turned back on without my touching anything -- accelerated back to 76 mph and stayed on the rest of highway portion of my trip. The deceleration felt smooth but fast enough that I think it was braking. The acceleration felt to me to be the usual rate.

I asked my dealer's service department if they knew of this behavior and they said no, and that it was no use reporting it to Kia who wouldn't pay any attention until it was verified by a service department, so I should bring it in so they could test drive it. Right -- the glitch has happened once per thousand miles and they are going to evaluate it on a test drive???

So has this happened to anyone else, and does Kia know about it? What should I do about it? other than be careful?
You are sure right about that - once per thousand miles. I agree, don't waste your time at the dealer just yet. Wait until SCC fails much more frequently or even totally fails to activate. Hasn't happened to me and I hope it doesn't. Keep us posted with your journey.