Welcome to the #1 KIA Telluride Forum and KIA Telluride community dedicated to KIA Telluride owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Telluride Forum today!

Decision Made - Going To Wait Until Spring 2020 (or later)

I've been following the Telluride development and reviews since January.

Back in March, I took an EX for a test drive and loved the ride and design.

I had planned to purchase an EX in the fall, but decided to wait; at least until spring of next year.

My '03 Suburban passed inspection today, no work needed and I don't have a good reason why I need purchase sooner rather than later.

I realize mechanical issues noted on the forum are in a relatively small proportion of Tellurides and scarcity
of parts is not unusual for a new release. Things will continue to improve on both fronts.

I don't want to be the guy waiting two months on a needed part or with a recurring problem that can't be diagnosed.

Looking forward to owners' experiences and insights as I see Telluride ownership in my future.

OP
mattcantwin
Thread Starter #3
There's no harm in waiting. Smart move.

Thanks, I was pretty psyched about the upcoming purchase, but I'm working through the disappointment of waiting to own a Telluride.

This does mean I may need some more duct tape.

Attachments

Thanks, I was pretty psyched about the upcoming purchase, but I'm working through the disappointment of waiting to own a Telluride.

This does mean I may need some more duct tape.
Or maybe a cheap seat cover?

You can always pick up a used one in a year or two and save a lot of money. I think my next summer most of the issues will be fixed.

OP
mattcantwin
Thread Starter #7
Used is definitely an option.

If I could, I would, but I don't think the current car will make it to spring. The dash has a electrical gremlin.

OP
mattcantwin
Thread Starter #9
If I could, I would, but I don't think the current car will make it to spring. The dash has a electrical gremlin.
My speedometer and front passenger window have not worked for three years.

GPS shows speed, use the AC - getting by.

New shocks and tires last year, critical things taken care of.

I've been following the Telluride development and reviews since January.

Back in March, I took an EX for a test drive and loved the ride and design.

I had planned to purchase an EX in the fall, but decided to wait; at least until spring of next year.

My '03 Suburban passed inspection today, no work needed and I don't have a good reason why I need purchase sooner rather than later.

I realize mechanical issues noted on the forum are in a relatively small proportion of Tellurides and scarcity
of parts is not unusual for a new release. Things will continue to improve on both fronts.

I don't want to be the guy waiting two months on a needed part or with a recurring problem that can't be diagnosed.

Looking forward to owners' experiences and insights as I see Telluride ownership in my future.
I would wait I've got exterior and interior quality assembly issues. Parts won't be available till August, on order since May